Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boots

Re: Boots

Dianese Axial D1 for me are the most comfy and feel the best protected but they are sunny track boots. I have a set of Alpinestar road boots for if the weather is bad, I dont think they are the goretex version as I find them a bit sweaty in the heat but I would consider them for the UK.
    I had Sidi track boots but the size was too narrow for my feet and didn't really like how plastic they are despite the likely high protection level. If I can find the pennies I really want to try a set of Daytonas since they look a level above anything else.

Boots

I wear Dainese R Axial Pro In Boots and they are superb. Iíve crashed in them a couple of times and they have been absolutely flawless even after thousands of miles on track.

Riding
    S1000RR Gen3

Switched over from Alpinestars SMX (lasted from 2004 until 2016, non gore-tex, squeaked all their life until the bitter end) to a pair of Tech R' which has already been mentioned above are like slippers!

Don't do a huge amount of mile anymore so the R' should last another few years yet... When a ton of mileage was getting done in my youth I would flip flop between the SMXs and SIDIs similar version, both were good for their time (late 90's), both squeaked incessantly, and let water in for a past time ... but both saved my feet a number of times! Could never quite fund Dainese or Daytona's back then!!!

I've just ordered a pair or the new Sidi Rex Air's. Anyone use these? I've never tried Sidi's before so I don't know what they'll be like. I'll give a review once I've got them broken in.

Boots

I was less than impressed with Sidi boots. I found the soles did not last long at all, especially when you are putting weight through the pegs on track.

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

VFM seems to be the Supertech R's and that's where my money is going next time. Daytona's are too many £'s for me.

Riding
    '15 msport +

Quote Originally Posted by Tattoobob View Post
    I've just ordered a pair or the new Sidi Rex Air's. Anyone use these? I've never tried Sidi's before so I don't know what they'll be like. I'll give a review once I've got them broken in.
    Hope you have narrow feet, just broken mine in after 2 years
    Speed doesnt kill, its how fast you stop.......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bananaman For This Useful Post:

Riding
    HP4 carbon 2013

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
    They're Joyces feet when she eventually took off her white stilettos. You canny kid a kidder.

JimmyMac
    Jimmy if my wifes feet looked like them I'd run for the hills...

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Riding
    1299s

Sidi mag 1ís

just purchased the Dainese axial d1 in boots, looking forward to trying them. They also do the air version which has more cooling vents etc but decided against those ones, same price.
    Last edited by Wull; 15th March 2019 at 07:18 PM.
    2011 S1000rr sport - out
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S - in