Boots

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TCX R-S2 evo boots, I've had them 2 years now and they are very comfortable, tactile to use on the bike and easy, if a bit squeaky, to walk about in. I have wide feet and when I first got them I found them a bit tight on width which made me think I'd made a mistake, however after an extended wearing in period they now fit perfectly. Highly recommended and normally can be bought with decent discounts.

Alpinestars SMX plus goretex for me - very comfortable, warm in winter and not sweaty in summer. Had them for 3 years or so, looking scruffy now, but still water tight and comfy. As MacRR's TCX's, these do squeak as you walk (my missus always said I did that before I bought the boots anyway) but a little bit of vaseline sorts it out .. (boots as well).

They are expensive but I'd happily pay the same again if I could find the right deal.

Daytona Evo Voltex GTX.

They are the latest waterproof inner shell boots from Daytona and really like them as a year round, all-weather sport boot.

Daytona boots are compatible with wide feet

Last edited:
TCX Gore tex similar to these https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/216831

I would not buy the standard waterproof boots as after a good few months they leak (as do sidis Black rain), I got fed up having wet feet so bought the Gore Tex boots.
I had to buy 1 size larger as they were a little tight (like me lol) but I dont do much walking in them.. Just riding, good for all year round.

TCX Gore tex similar to these https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/216831

I would not buy the standard waterproof boots as after a good few months they leak (as do sidis Black rain), I got fed up having wet feet so bought the Gore Tex boots.
I had to buy 1 size larger as they were a little tight (like me lol) but I dont do much walking in them.. Just riding, good for all year round.

+1

I?m on my second set of TCX gortex boots this year. Had the first set for over 5 yrs and ride in all weathers and many thousands of miles. Only reason I swapped is that the soles wore too thin. Better quality than other more expensive brands I?ve tried in the past. Never leaked. TCX do suit a more slender foot so try before you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytona Security G3, take a few rides to break in but so secure I will not wear anything else now on the sports bike. Daytona Goretex on my GSA.

JimmyMac

I'm a Daytona man... excellent boots.

After 3 pairs of Vortic? putting on the Daytonas is the easiest thing..3 inner velcro straps and a zip... boom...

Jimmy liked them that much he never took them off.. he called them his "Mars Bar Boots"... work, rest and play !..

Irene said when he eventually caved in and took them off the smell was unbearable...
f8c4ea8d3007b90c756f2e8e1fb0ed9b.jpg

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Last edited:
Dianese Axial D1 for me are the most comfy and feel the best protected but they are sunny track boots. I have a set of Alpinestar road boots for if the weather is bad, I dont think they are the goretex version as I find them a bit sweaty in the heat but I would consider them for the UK.
I had Sidi track boots but the size was too narrow for my feet and didn't really like how plastic they are despite the likely high protection level. If I can find the pennies I really want to try a set of Daytonas since they look a level above anything else.

I wear Dainese R Axial Pro In Boots and they are superb. I?ve crashed in them a couple of times and they have been absolutely flawless even after thousands of miles on track.

Switched over from Alpinestars SMX (lasted from 2004 until 2016, non gore-tex, squeaked all their life until the bitter end) to a pair of Tech R' which has already been mentioned above are like slippers!

Don't do a huge amount of mile anymore so the R' should last another few years yet... When a ton of mileage was getting done in my youth I would flip flop between the SMXs and SIDIs similar version, both were good for their time (late 90's), both squeaked incessantly, and let water in for a past time :highly_amused: ... but both saved my feet a number of times! Could never quite fund Dainese or Daytona's back then!!!

I've just ordered a pair or the new Sidi Rex Air's. Anyone use these? I've never tried Sidi's before so I don't know what they'll be like. I'll give a review once I've got them broken in.

I was less than impressed with Sidi boots. I found the soles did not last long at all, especially when you are putting weight through the pegs on track.

VFM seems to be the Supertech R's and that's where my money is going next time. Daytona's are too many ?'s for me.

Sidi mag 1?s

just purchased the Dainese axial d1 in boots, looking forward to trying them. They also do the air version which has more cooling vents etc but decided against those ones, same price.

Last edited:
Back