Newbie considering a 2019

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonV4

Reaction score
Hello new member from Aberdeenshire. Currently have a 2016 R1 60th anniversary and a 2017 GSXR1000R. Got a new V4s corse on order but losing faith with the dealer and lack of updates for delivery. Been watching some of the videos of the new s1krr and it could be the bike to get instead of the Duc.

Get the Ducati 100% it looks and sounds pure filth. it?s just an amazing machine.
I want one so bad I?d sell my left bollock to get one but Mrs needs new kitchen so next year I reckon hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Simon!

Wow, that is quite the garage you have there.
What have been some of your favourite experiences onboard your R1 and GSXR?
What is your favourite attribute of the R1 and GSXR respectively?

With regard to Panigale V4 vs 19 RR.
As a 15 RR owner, I can say that the ownership experience has been absolutely superb. My local dealership have always carried out warranty work efficiently and with no prejudice as to bike use/mods etc. My RR has been used for pretty much all sorts of riding, has now covered 53k miles and it?s been by far and way the best and most enjoyed bike I?ve owned.
Oh and this forum is absolutely superb, we have some very knowledgeable and passionate members on here and a truly fantastic community!
Whilst I admit I am hugely biased to BMW lol, I can safely say you will be buying into a fantastic brand if you go for an RR.

All that being said, whatever you decide, I hold you have many happy miles ahead of you onboard all of your steeds [emoji4]

- Oli

Last edited:
I was considering a V4S - there are a couple of ex owners on here that persuaded me otherwise! I would also have a look through the Ducati forum V4 section, particularly the Recall / Faults notices. It sounds like the bike is having all of its R&D done by the public at the moment.

Hi Simon, I'm bias as anything towards the Beemer but the Ducati does look fantastic.

Enjoy the decision making process and as you are in Aberdeen you would be well advised to look at the fuel consumption figures, lol.

Welcome to the site neebor.

JimmyMac

Back