Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dropping an R

Re: Dropping an R

Congrats i have always fancied an R. I went from a 15 RR to a 17 XR and starting to wish I hadn't. Just not ready for an adventure bike. The R would have been a far better choice for me but i went with my head. I needed a bike a bit more comfortable 2 up distance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Riding
    S1KRR 2017 MSport

Re: Dropping an R

Quote Originally Posted by triplejimmy View Post
    Congrats i have always fancied an R. I went from a 15 RR to a 17 XR and starting to wish I hadn't. Just not ready for an adventure bike. The R would have been a far better choice for me but i went with my head. I needed a bike a bit more comfortable 2 up distance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I tested the XR before I bought the KTM 1090. Found it a bit meh tbh, not one thing or the other - at the time I was keeping the RR so wanted something completely different. The luxury of having 2 bikes helps as the 1090 does all the donkey work leaving the 2nd just for having a blast - I couldn't live with just the 1090 though as a single bike - maybe the 1290 GT...
    For me it's about buying the bike for the riding you actually do instead of what you wished you did - I wished I did more track days hence the RR - the reality is nearly 99% road these days and the R is a better fit for that for my needs. Still got the horn for the Gen 4 RR though - soon as that comes out in black my willpower will be tested...
    Last edited by R41nD0g; 14th March 2019 at 06:26 PM.