Dropping an R

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R41nD0g

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a deal to trade my 2017 RR MSport for a 2019 S1R... since I got a 2nd bike for distance work and commuting (KTM 1090 Adventure) I've rarely been on the RR and not really got the time/money for trackdays in the foreseable future so seems a waste to have it sitting around doing now't.

I had a test ride on the single R and laughed my betty's off the whole time, not had that much fun on the RR for a long time so seems like the right decision - anyone else gone from RR to R or other way round?

Slainte

Congratulations on your new R, I hope you have a fantastic year ahead onboard your new steed! [emoji41]

- Oli

I had a test ride on the single R and laughed my betty's off the whole time, not had that much fun on the RR for a long time so seems like the right decision - anyone else gone from RR to R or other way round? /QUOTE]

Didn't have to make the call, I just enjoy them both! As you say, the R is sooo much fun.

I would stick to this forum though, the R forum is very quiet..

Congratulations!

I had a couple of days on an R couple of years ago and it was a hoot. Even got myself 3 points on my licence so it must have been really good.

Enjoy.

I have wondered about this route for a road bike...interested to see how you get on.
Hopefully the initial glee lasts and it proves to be a sound move - time will tell, although if the new RR had been available in black then it would have been a tougher choice...

Didn't have to make the call, I just enjoy them both! As you say, the R is sooo much fun.

I would stick to this forum though, the R forum is very quiet..

Nice! It may turn out that way in a few years once the next iteration of the new RR appears... best of both worlds :chuncky:

I loved my R. Went from a 2017 R to a 2015 RR.
I did 6500 miles on my R in 16 months.
Handful of trackdays too. Unfortunately after breaking my hand it just became too uncomfortable to ride. :(

Congrats i have always fancied an R. I went from a 15 RR to a 17 XR and starting to wish I hadn't. Just not ready for an adventure bike. The R would have been a far better choice for me but i went with my head. I needed a bike a bit more comfortable 2 up distance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Congrats i have always fancied an R. I went from a 15 RR to a 17 XR and starting to wish I hadn't. Just not ready for an adventure bike. The R would have been a far better choice for me but i went with my head. I needed a bike a bit more comfortable 2 up distance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I tested the XR before I bought the KTM 1090. Found it a bit meh tbh, not one thing or the other - at the time I was keeping the RR so wanted something completely different. The luxury of having 2 bikes helps as the 1090 does all the donkey work leaving the 2nd just for having a blast - I couldn't live with just the 1090 though as a single bike - maybe the 1290 GT...
For me it's about buying the bike for the riding you actually do instead of what you wished you did - I wished I did more track days hence the RR - the reality is nearly 99% road these days and the R is a better fit for that for my needs. Still got the horn for the Gen 4 RR though - soon as that comes out in black my willpower will be tested...

Last edited:
Back