De-Cat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...depends what the goal is.
Decat does give noise, reduces weight, frees a little power (ideally needs a tune to find more).

If that's what you're after then its pretty goof vfm.

- Alex

I would say decat + proper slipon + some kind of power commander with wide-band oxygen O2 sensors.

a simple decat wont improve performance by much.

Decat

Do it properly and save up for a full system. There are some good quality ones out there for not much money.

Did my gen1 and gen 3 with a good slip on and PCV, gains were very similar to a full akra system for a LOT less money...
Headers are reportedly very good from factory

Did my gen1 and gen 3 with a good slip on and PCV, gains were very similar to a full akra system for a LOT less money...
Headers are reportedly very good from factory

Did you replace the mid-section with a straight link pipe or really just a slip-on ?

I fitted Akra slip-on and contemplating whether to upgrade the headers or simply fit DanMoto de-cat pipe.

Did you replace the mid-section with a straight link pipe or really just a slip-on ?

I fitted Akra slip-on and contemplating whether to upgrade the headers or simply fit DanMoto de-cat pipe.
gen 1 replace cat with link pipe and slip on, gen 3 replaced both cats with straight pipes and kept butterfly in for noise tests.

I fitted a Dominator decat pipe to my gen 3. Its very good quality and reasonably cheap. It really does sound awesome with Akra gp style and can and even spits flame. 😍

I fitted a Dominator decat pipe to my gen 3. Its very good quality and reasonably cheap. It really does sound awesome with Akra gp style and can and even spits flame. [emoji7]
Does it have a bung for O2 sensor? Ideally I need one with it as I want to install my tunning kit from Rapidbike.

Back