Vortex sprockets & chain Opinions

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonesy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for Opinions on Vortex sparockets & chain. Normally gone renthall & did but seen a good set on offer.

cheers

Hi mate... never heard of them... just googled some reviews on the US Site.. best reading through them before deciding..

I'm up for trying smaller companies selling less well known products... but only if they have a track record or come from a "name".. your putting out circa 200 brake at that front sprocket mind.

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

I'd go for Renthal or Tsubaki. I'd never heard of vortex, but googling comes up with some scary anecdotes.

Stuart knows what he talking about. Seem to recall that he went for some cheap chain adjusters- and it didn't go well 😕

Last edited:
Re: Vortex sprockets & chain Opinions

I'd go for Renthal or Tsubaki. I'd never heard of vortex, but googling comes up with some scary anecdotes.

Stuart knows what he talking about. Seem to recall that he went for some cheap chain adjusters- and it didn't go well [emoji53]
Lol... never heard the end of that one....

but yea on those C and S reviews... I seen one of those front sprockets had lost it's teeth after 3 months.

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Last edited:
I couldn’t find much on google for reviews. I really don’t fancy putting a hod sprocket on it & would prefer black but can only find 520’s & not 525’s

OEM Steels are black and work perfectly well. With a decent DID/Tsubaki chain you're laughing.

Back