New RR rider

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C3RRR

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm Paul from Nottingham.
I've gone ahead and started proceedings to swap my Tuono for a2015 RR sport. I test rode it yesterday and really liked it.
Don't get me wrong I love my Tuono but it's painful on the neck at the end of the day due to the lack of wind protection, they have little niggles also which you have to live with.

I do suffer on sports bikes but intend to put some helibars on it as I've read you don't need to replace brake lines etc.
I'll also lower the foot pegs an inch if possible, if anyone has this setup could you pipe up please as really interested in reviews.
Anyway layers and speak soon

Welcome to the forum Paul!

Bet you?re excited to take your new steed home, Gen 3 RR?s are amazing machines [emoji41]

What were some of your favourite experiences onboard your Tuono and what sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?

With regard to ergos, I would recommend taking a little time just to get accustomed to the stock setup first. But for lowering the rearsets, there are replacement pegs for the stock rearsets that are available which lower the placement, can?t remember the company but @preynol1 has this setup in conjunction with the BMW comfort seat and is happy with the setup.
I?ve had Helibars and for me personally, they didn?t suit me. They are literally plug-n-play, so they are without doubt the easiest option to instal. However, they take weight off the wrists by being totally flat, which lifts the riding potion. The problem in my experience though is that when riding progressively and moving around on the bike a bit, it caused a lot of strain on my inside wrist when cornering. They are also very expensive for what they are.
If you definitely want to raise/alter the clip-ons position, I would recommend going for a multi-adjustable clip-on from the likes of ABM or Giles tolling, as whilst this causes more work for the install, it gives you the option to move the bars as you desire. The only thing to bare in mind though, is clearance issues.
@JamieMac has the Variobars 2 from Giles tolling and is very happy with the setup.

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you onboard your new steed [emoji4]

- Oli

Thanks buddy, appreciate the thorough reply.
I like progressive riding most of the time with experienced riders.
I love the tuono to bits but im struggling with how tired i get after a full day. Its fantastic but hard work on big open roads.
I like to swap and I'm hoping I will enjoy my new beast.
I'll start posting threads and will make the most of you're expertise

Hi paul, welcome to the site and hope you get lots of info about set-up on here. The site has many very knowledgable people on it and never be shy to ask anything.

Enjoy your new bike, @StuartB is your man if you need advice on pumping up your forearms but for some reason his right one is stronger than his left, lol.

JimmyMac

Back