Drift Ghost 4K

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Bought one of these today...anyone got one ?.. they're a bit of a pain to set up.. I gave up on mine for the night..

Had issues with the WiFi connectivity... probably not doing it correctly and still need to update the Firmware..

Am I right in saying if I hook up the WiFi I can update that way, or do I need to DL the file directly on to the Micro SD...

Thanks in advance [emoji849]

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Last edited:
I bought a drift ghost x.......... dead easy to set up. 8hr battery life ( with bigger battery) and inserted a 128gb sd card, I use it like a dash / helmet cam recording all time then edit clips to make any videos for YTube..

I've used it on 3 full day rides lately... around 6 hours of footage each ride.. (I stop recording whenever I stop riding). And quality is spot on.. I use Windows movie maker to edit. And save it in format to be viewed in high definition.. takes a while to process.. but when complete quality is great.. check out 2 videos I did recently on my YouTube channel. "The Bike Perv" the last one was a full days riding over the boarders.. but I reduced it to around 13mins for YouTube.. keep it under 20 mins for YouTube or it gets pretty birukg..

Looks decent... is image stabilisation on ?.. looks pretty steady.

I take it you mounted it with the sticky pad...I was thinking of buying a tether as I've already lost a camera.

And was that 4k ?

Cheers

Last edited:
No not 4k.. it's the ghost x..
Yeah mounted to side of helmet usimg sticky pads.. I hit 160+ on few occasions and remained in place.. just ensure helmet is cleaned with an ipa or alcohol type cleaner before sticking pad and you'll have no problem.s..

Sorry, I never read that correctly. No I rear mount mine, bought a cheap rear cowling and had a lock fitted...

Thats why I was thinking of a tether, at least I can drill a small pilot hole and loop a tether through... my last cam was decent qaulity... the mount snapped just after I had an epic run on the A86 with some guy on a KTM tailing me... never got to see the footage ! Lol

Sorry, I never read that correctly. No I rear mount mine, bought a cheap rear cowling and had a lock fitted...

Thats why I was thinking of a tether, at least I can drill a small pilot hole and loop a tether through... my last cam was decent qaulity... the mount snapped just after I had an epic run on the A86 with some guy on a KTM tailing me... never got to see the footage ! Lol

You don't need to drill your cowl Stuart, loop a bit paracord through the rear frame inside the cowl and let a bit of it dangle out from between the cowl and the back panel, even when locked there is room.

Then just simply put the tether through the paracord, job done. When not using the camera keep the paracord stowed inside the cowl.

JimmyMac

Sounds ok Jimmy. To be honest that Drift Cam is really compact and the 3M pads will probably hold it... but they're 220 bangers and mounted behind me I don't fancy a repeat of last year... sent you a PM btw..

The pads don't come off painted surfaces.
But you can screw up clicking it into the holder, been there done that.

I did the following tether;
Theres two small holes on the camera clip, I ran lockwire between them. I flipped the cowl over and put a zip tie round the flat bracket. I then used another zip tie to go from that to the camera mount lock wire.

- Alex

Cheers Alex..I'll get the cowl back when my bike comes back from EK and check it out...I'm not trusting a pad 100%. As good as 3M gear is ..

Anyhow it annoys the f uck out me how Minnesota called Scotch tape Scotch...to that end it's getting additional security.

Last edited:
Back