Almeria decent lap times

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its still flying anything less than 1:55 isn't to be sniffed at on a first trip.

I'd love to be that quick...

- Alex

Last edited:
I’m off there at the weekend with a buddy, both of us on S1000RR’s. Neither of which we’ve ridden, nor been to Almeria so ill take anything under 2:00 :)

take it your going with Graham?

anythnig under a 1.50 is adecent time,usually around 46/7's for me but not been for about 4 years so would like to think i was a bit quicker now

At this time of year there are usually several racers blowing off the cobwebs so group splits tend to be faster,so fast group could start 1.50.
Normally,the fast/inter split would be about 1.53.
Fast trackdayer pace is probably 1.47/49 with some quick guys doing 1.43/46.
Gets it into perspective when Taz Mackenzie and Jason O'Halloran were doing 1.35's recently!

take it your going with Graham?

anythnig under a 1.50 is adecent time,usually around 46/7's for me but not been for about 4 years so would like to think i was a bit quicker now

Hi Scooby, yep indeed. We’re doing a bit together with NL endurance this year again, so a good oportuinty to set the bikes up as well as a bit of fun blowing the rust off :)

At this time of year there are usually several racers blowing off the cobwebs so group splits tend to be faster,so fast group could start 1.50.
Normally,the fast/inter split would be about 1.53.
Fast trackdayer pace is probably 1.47/49 with some quick guys doing 1.43/46.
Gets it into perspective when Taz Mackenzie and Jason O'Halloran were doing 1.35's recently!

1:35 :eek: wow, thats quick then!

Hi Scooby, yep indeed. We’re doing a bit together with NL endurance this year again, so a good oportuinty to set the bikes up as well as a bit of fun blowing the rust off :)

yea he said he was doing abit of racing this yr,good track to go to,to get a good front end set up.have fun

yea he said he was doing abit of racing this yr,good track to go to,to get a good front end set up.have fun

Yeah I’m beginning to realise this, 2 new rears and 1 new front is what i packed on the still, with a set of well worn SC2/1 that was on it...... think i’ll End up getting another front. Cheers.

yea it does kill fronts a bit,just be carefull in the mornings as it's very cold,can catch you out with track temp being cold in the morning and taking heat out of tyres,

Back