Banksys S1KRR.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banksy

Reaction score
Hi all.

purchased the bike mid 2018.

It came up for sale after being used as a marshall bike for the NW200 road race here in NI.
bmw ran it threw the 1st service and put it up for sale. it was advertised for less than 2 hours and i took it.
view
open

1st things on the cards were rear bobbins and some rad and oil cooler guards from evotech closely followed by a puig double bubble screen.

rPkCSFV.jpg

view

next up was the akra gp can and some stomp grips.

YcOjIVk.jpg

the bike stayed this way for a month or so.
i took it to the track and decided the brakes where a little soft so i decided to take the plunge into aftermarket calipers.
DZgoo5k.jpg

i settled on the accossato PZ007 monos.
due to the banjo angles i needed a set of custom HEL lines made. fitting these was a pain in the hole!!
the bike needed stripped to route the new line to the abs module!

k04N4dQ.jpg

k04N4dQ

z3cqGRW.jpg

uLCAJlD.jpg

fitted the yellow RR stickers and rim gfx amongst all the other mods.

the bike currently sits like this.
mods listed...
Akra gp pipe
puig screen
tail tidy
rr stickers and wheel gfx
accossato callipers
Hel lines
stomp grips
custom quad lock mounting plate
evoteck rad guard oil cooler guard and bobbins.

future mods.... maybe powdercoat the wheels satin black to get rid of the red pin stripe
LED bulbs
Power RS tyres once iv melted these s20's on track
flush mount front indicators
mirror blanking plates
integrated tail light

it's also been recently paint corrected and ceramic coated with gyeon mohs.
2oQwPnD.jpg

Looks well lad, bought my s1k out of boucher too, friends the manager. The yellow is sick against the grey. You planning on kirkistown/bishopacourt?

Cheers bud. i'll be heading to kirky for a few open pit days this year i think. i tend to give bishops a miss as its a costly track to get on.

I like the fluro yellow on grey. Nice choice.
Lots of well chosen mods on it.

Not had feedback on here for the Accossato brakes before, how do they feel?

- Alex

the initial bite is far more aggressive than oem and the feel is improved. braking power feels better but that's probably the pads im using.

id say for the looks alone it's a worthwhile mod as i think they look amazing on the bike.

Stunning bike @banksy and as Alex says, well chosen mods.

Where did you get the yellow RR stickers/decals from?

- Oli

Just got them off eBay buddy. Searched s1000rr decals and they came up 👍

Cheers bud. i'll be heading to kirky for a few open pit days this year i think. i tend to give bishops a miss as its a costly track to get on.

You going for the school of bike track days? Hoping to attend a few myself as could do with open pit to get a hold of this thing. Waiting until it warms up though haha.

Hopefully yea. I?m going to speak to Tim next time I see him and get a spot on a good few this year. Went to his last year and was decent enough. wouldn?t mind a full day open pit though instead of half day.

Yea open day would be great, only joined SOB not that long ago so hoping to book on myself a few days

You should come along on one of the many ride outs. They are...... ?spirited? 😂 there a good bunch of lads!

Was 50/50 form and function mate. Dont really need an aftermarket master yet either.

Fair enough. Just thought unless calipers are a known weak point you'd always got master first.

Eg even with crap standard 2 pot calipers my race twin has good brakes with brembo SC pads and rcs19 master.

I will say they are nice tho

Back