Quick Shifter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Focus3078

Reaction score
Been told that a should use the clutch round the doors on my gen3 only had it 2 weeks and getting free advice of lots of ppl,is this right can it damage anything??????

Shift assist pro will not damage the gearbox if used appropriately.
Some mechanical sympathy is required for all types of transmission. With the RR?s shifter, just make sure to have at least ~ 3.5-4k RPM onboard before using the shifter, having the throttle open when up shifting and ?fully? closed when using the auto-blip function.

It is also important to ensure your chain and clutch free-play are within spec to ensure optimal gearbox function

- Oli

Last edited:
It either shifts or doesn't. You won't damage anything.
I use the clutch to set off...

- Alex

Shift assist pro will not damage the gearbox if used appropriately.
Some mechanical sympathy is required for all types of transmission. With the RR’s shifter, just make sure to have at least ~ 3.5-4k RPM onboard before using the shifter, having the throttle open when up shifting and “fully” closed when using the auto-blip function.

It is also important to ensure your chain and clutch free-play are within spec to ensure optimal gearbox function

- Oli

I was told to only use the shift assist above 4000 rpm by the BMW dealer that sold me my first RR(2016). It didn't occur to me to ask why. I was too excited about collecting it.

Back