Exhaust issues

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lambert187

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm looking to change the exhaust on my 2010 RR. I am wanting a friend to fabricate and weld it and have more than enough confidence in his workmanship. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether I need to keep the lambda sensor and the electronic valve ? I'm assuming the valve isn't necessary but the sensor I'm not sure on. I will be fitting a power commander and getting it tuned on a dyno once the new exhaust is on so is the sensor still really necessary and its there anything else I need to think about with bmws ecu?

Thanks
Mark

Hi, I have a full Akra system on my 15 and that still uses the Lambda sensors if that helps. Closed Loop system allows the ECU to adapt to mods within reason and if it's outside it's parameters, you can have the ECU flashed. J

On the 2010 with a PCV in place you can disconnect the Lambda/O2.

Only the 2017+ Euro4 does not allow it.

However I'd personally put a boss in the right places...for a few extra quid.

If your removing the cat you want a fuel controller like a pcv and remove the lambda sensors.

Thanks folks I had a good idea but just needed to make sure 👌 so it's fine to create a system with no sensors or electronic valves as long as I have a PVC and get it on the dyno

Thanks folks I had a good idea but just needed to make sure [emoji108] so it's fine to create a system with no sensors or electronic valves as long as I have a PVC and get it on the dyno

If you want to remove the exhaust servo motors you?ll need two servo buddies or an equivalent product.
Alternatively, you can keep the motors and remove the cables, so long as the servo motor plate is not moved (this results in an engine warning light)

- Oli

Back