Mass oil leak!!!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonesy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I really need some help! Took the my 10 plate s1krr out for the first time since October as I were needing it to put fuel in after its winters rest & use it for the first ride out tomorrow.

All was fine until I got home . I pulled up on to the drive it decided to basically Relieve it self of all it?s oil! It?s evrywhere!!! A proper mess.

ive not got power in my garage so can?t do anything till I can see. I?m hoping either the sump has gone or oil filter but does anyone know of any other issues that it could be?

It?s only done 20k & I?ve personally only done 1,500 on it to date.

Any help would be truly appreciated,

Thanks

Joe (Sheffield)

if it's dumped it all out,has to be either loose sump plug or filter.if it's a damaged sump,it would more likely weep out rather than shit itself

or split oil hose/cooler (i have spare sumps and oil cooler if it is one of those ;) )

You have been lucky it didnt decide to let it all go midway through a corner tomorrow. I was behind a guy whos bike did that after it had just been serviced because the plug hadnt been tightened to torque by the mechanic, scary stuff.

Hopefully no engine damage and a straightforward fix, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Yeah it could of been a lot worse. Hopefully no engine damage as the amount that came out on my drive was substantial! It were still coming out when I put it on the paddock stand in the garage.

I would lean towards a corroded sump/ plug

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Been there after my 18k service (Rocker Cover)...

How much oil ? As others suggest it's sounds more like component failure, holed cooler or less likely a loose filter,

I reckon if the plug came out you'd have oil totally over the shop..as in 3 plus ltrs...

Just read that last text..I've a hunch it's not the sump plug...

No pics at all ?

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Last edited:

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

So took fairing off. Sump is in tact & dry, oil filter looks dry too. Most of the oil seems to be around the outer casing near the reservoir viewing hole. Although a rubber seal seems to be loose

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't sound right if it's dumped all it's oil? There should be something fairly obvious there somewhere??

Using my admin rights I took a look at the picture links in your post and can't get them to work in a browser let alone display on here.
If you can move them to GDrive / Flickr or something like that (Permissions set to public) we may be able to see them.

The sight glasses have failed before...

Using my admin rights I took a look at the picture links in your post and can't get them to work in a browser let alone display on here.
If you can move them to GDrive / Flickr or something like that (Permissions set to public) we may be able to see them.

The sight glasses have failed before...
I can't see pics either

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

when you say dumpig oil out,how much exactly,only way it's going to dump out all the oil is from sump area.could well be sight glass as a litre or so will come out from there when the engine is switched off as the oil returns to the sump.still takes a while to make it's way down though,and again,would be more a leak rather than dumping it out.

get the pics up...;)

Latest posts

Back