Mass oil leak!!!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very difficult to establish from those images...

1. I'd clean it up with a pressure washer...
2. Top up with oil get a good flood light on it.
3. Mate for another pair of eyes...

You may have to sit on it upright.

My two bobs worth...outputshaft seal, or crankcase issue. can't see how sightglass leak will run up the way... hard to say !

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

maybe give the rest of the bike a clean aswell :smile-new:

how much oil is left in? can you see any in the sight glass when upright?

rather than adding fresh oil,drop whats left and measure it,should be about 3.5l in there,you'll get an idea how much has come out then

I’m baffled. All faring is off. Removed the sump & I dont think that much has gone, Oil pan is half full & seems about right to what Ive seen others drop. Still can’t see a leak from anywhere. Coolant fluid is fine. Any other suggestions or opinions?

measure what you have 1st off,that will tell you how much has gone.

when you say pissing out,was it literally pouring out,or just so a dribble?

looking at the colour of the bike,you sure it wasn't just dirty water running down

No it was pouring out & i’d Left the collector under until today & it had collected more. I clean my bike regularly it just got me on the off chance.

my garage roof is leaking & although coverd & insulated it’s still got damp & starting to
oxidise. Cleaning unde the fairings was always going to be the first job this yet so I suppose it’s at least promoted me to do it.

Will update on Sunday once I ran it with the oil back in.

there isn't a crank shaft oil seal,do you mean the little inspection cover on triangluar (ish) shaped side case?

ahhh ok,dont think thats an easy fix if the bearing/output shaft seals gone,could well be an engine split,i've just split 2 and cant remember if the bearing comes out or if case needs to be split.hope it's not the latter.

Lol..love the way he got the seal out..looking at the vid it appears dead straightforward my man.

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Last edited:
Back