Mass oil leak!!!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RLi8X7Tof1nkRG7F8

It’s pissing me off! lol. Using my phone but surely a link is a link. I’ll do it off my work computer tomorrow

It's piss easy on a phone mate..it's more awkward using any other method.

So what phone are you using .. dont tell me it's an I Phone ?

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

ohh! that doesn't look good!
good clean and ew sump gasket, but why's it blown?

you sure thats where t's leaking from(the sump) tbh it's hard to see it's so dirty.the gasket sealant you can see does that if theres too much,i've fitted quite a few sumps recently,no paper gasket just liquid gasket,and if too much used it will squeeze out a bit,but they are mated so well you wont get it pissing out even if the seal fails.sump plug looks proper corroded.but from those pics still hard to see where it's come from as looks relatively dry around sump seal

Maybe its the pictures but the oil filter looks like new, the sump plug looks like its seen a season or two. When was the last oil and filter change?

Imo...it looks like either the top edge of sightglass.. eother that or it originates up above the front sprocket

Oil &
filter were done about 1.5k ago. Gonna take side panel off tomorrow, give it a clean & add some oil to see where it comes out

Back