Need help identifying this

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pof

Reaction score
When I picked up a shorty Akro he gave me some other odds and sods. The exhaust guard doesn't fit this 65 mm pipe. I've tried checking the code on the back and it links me to a pdf file but on the file it doesn't say what pipe it fits. Any ideas?
528613265b6a608f26169406791d452d.jpg
f11a089111135da010eaf45a6e42cfa9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

thats becuse it's for the the o/e syatem,with cat on,yours has cat removed?

i'm just going off what i can see,not from any actuall knowledge

i'm just going off what i can see,not from any actuall knowledge
🤣🤣🤣🤣.
The 2 bolts that are ment to attach to the neck of the pipe from the guard seem to be nearly an 1" out. I want to sell it but unless I can tell what it fits I'm gonna struggle

This bit
0ffa195c23a14b05e16ad709d7d8a432.jpg

Maybe I have the clamp too high up the exhaust. If I come down a bit where it's narrower it may match up ? Mmmm

But the issue is at the neck of end can not the other end. I cant see how the cat being removed will effect how guard attaches to the can. Or am I missing something ?

But the issue is at the neck of end can not the other end. I cant see how the cat being removed will effect how guard attaches to the can. Or am I missing something ?

There's no issue but it has been designed to fit onto the existing cat and clamp the standard end can in position. The angle of your new pipe is completely different the the standard cat position which comes upwards and a fairly tight bend as opposed to your 'straight' pipe.

Cheers guys, on further investigation although it does go around the pipe it catches on the top of the link pipe which in turn "twists" the guard giving it the illusion the holes are not wide enough I've measured hole centres and they are the same. A little dremmel work and it WILL fit 🤣

On !!!
b7fd0988854fee1404447431aa158005.jpg

Back