Brembo CNC 19x18 (XR01171) front master brake cylinder

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrIoannis

Reaction score
Does anyone use this Brembo brake cylinder? Any opinions?I have the RCS and I am looking for even better feeling. I have talked with Brembo technicians and have been told it is an upgrade from my current setup (M4 calipers/RCS 19x18-20).

Brembo

I?ve used this Brembo master cylinder on a previous track bike and it?s definitely better in terms of feel and consistency at the lever than the RCS. Not surprising really as it?s double the price, but like anything Brembo, you get what you pay for.

Does Brembo master cylinder fit with OEM reservoir or do I need to buy Brembo Front Brake Reservoir Kit?

Last edited:
Ahh old post, nvm.

My RCS uses the stock reservoir.
I have a spare Brembo reservoir, if you need one in the end you can have it.

- Alex

Last edited:
Yes you can use the stock one but you will need a smaller tube (diameter) as per RCS.

Whats wrong with the RCS?

In terms of feel what are you lacking?

- Alex

I have not visited the track yet but there is great difference in feeling compared to RCS. RCS is really good but man there is a difference (in price too).

Ahh old post, nvm.

My RCS uses the stock reservoir.
I have a spare Brembo reservoir, if you need one in the end you can have it.

- Alex

I'm still thinking whether to buy RCS for BMW, many people here say that OEM cylinder is pretty good.

Although I'm getting 19 RCS for KTM SuperDuke 1290 and maybe might need a reservoir. I will let you know next week if I need one.

Bit of an old thread resurrection rather than starting a new one. Just wondering if any else has any further feedback on the XR01171 MC. I have been offered brand new one at a very low price. Is it worth the extra cost over RCS 19 which i can also get at a very low price. Bike is used on road and track.

Make sure it's genuine. I have seen some visually similar copies out there....pissing oil out the seals.

If it is then it's never going to be a bad thing to have.

Yes it is. When i say cheap I mean at trade :) Only thing i am trying to work out is the leverage ratio. Is this something that is adjusted or set at stock? I believe 19 x 20 is what would suit me.

Go for it. It is very very good. I tested in Misano and Serres circuit.

Does anyone use this Brembo brake cylinder? Any opinions?I have the RCS and I am looking for even better feeling. I have talked with Brembo technicians and have been told it is an upgrade from my current setup (M4 calipers/RCS 19x18-20).

Try Accossato mate, it's same $$$ but CNC billet

Back