Just bought a 17 plate S1000RR sport & Hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charmonafarm

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am a member of the S1000R forum and have just purchased a RR to go with the single R. Messaging in from not so sunny wales - UK

Hi welcome . From sunny suffolk S1000rr 2018

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum from a currently misty Essex, and congratulations on your new RR!

What have been some of your favourite experiences onboard your R, and what motivated the acquisition of an RR?

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many more happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Welcome to the forum from a currently misty Essex, and congratulations on your new RR!

What have been some of your favourite experiences onboard your R, and what motivated the acquisition of an RR?

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many more happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

I passed my test 3 years ago so wanted to get some mileage under my belt on something slightly more sensible. 😂 but I seen one online 3 days ago and couldn?t resist. Collecting this afternoon.

The R has been a great bike. Smooth engine and very fast. I found myself enjoying some of the welsh mountains over the last two years that I?ve had her. (Had a multistrada when I first passed - wasn?t for me)

I?m not sure how to upload photos but will have a play about on here as I also want a good iPhone X holder to use for sat nav.

Just bought a 17 plate S1000RR sport & Hello

I passed my test 3 years ago so wanted to get some mileage under my belt on something slightly more sensible. [emoji23] but I seen one online 3 days ago and couldn?t resist. Collecting this afternoon.

The R has been a great bike. Smooth engine and very fast. I found myself enjoying some of the welsh mountains over the last two years that I?ve had her. (Had a multistrada when I first passed - wasn?t for me)

I?m not sure how to upload photos but will have a play about on here as I also want a good iPhone X holder to use for sat nav.

I think it is pretty much always a good idea to start on a bike that has bars, am glad you have enjoyed your R on some great roads [emoji846]

Re uploading photos. As a standard member, you must post a URL to a suitable file hosting site such as Google images et al. Alternatively if you subscribe to the forum as a Premier Member you can upload photos natively to the site, along with numerous other benefits (see attached link for more info). Naturally the latter option is preferred [emoji6]

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?6735-Premier-Membership-What-is-it

Re motorcycle phone mounts. Having tried several over the years, in my opinion the best option is Quadlock. I?ve reviewed this solution with an iPhone X in the following thread which provides more info [emoji846]

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?11633-Quadlock-review&p=104231#post104231

Enjoy the anticipation as you await your RR collection, shall look forward to seeing some photos in due course [emoji41]

- Oli

Last edited:
Nice to meet you from a pretty chilly central London! I had an R before an RR and I absolutely loved it. If they brought out a new one now along with the 19RR I think I would be pretty stuck deciding....

Back