Wheel repair and reassembly

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting my front wheel back from Motoliners in a day or to after getting some very light damage repaired. They've warned me that they aren't pro painters, and I might need to get the wheel repainted/powdered. I'll see what I think, but as my bike is a few years old there are a few marks on both wheels anyway, so thinking about tarting them up.

1. Any good places to get wheels done (is it painting or powder coating they need?) in the London area (esp Sth Lon)

When I'm putting it all back together:
2. What should i use on the axle bolt - I think I saw somewhere that I should use a thin layer of copper grease?
3. Disc rotors - when putting them back on to the wheel, do I need to use anything on the screws, like threadlock?

Cheers

For car alloy repair & refurb I've used Lepsons in Gillingham with very good results.

They do motorcycle wheels too.

http://www.lepsons.com/prices/

Last edited:
So, Motoliners said its ready, and they think the paint job is good enough... i'll see tomorrow, but thanks for the info Rob.

Alex - according to the manual I am talking about the 'quick release axle', which is what I think your answer was for? Thanks for the torque settings for the the rotor screws, didn't think to ask that. That is the same torque as the two 'clamping screws in axle holder'..i.e. the ones beside each others that face forward. I presume that's just coincidence.

See you Sunday

Back