New Bike First ride

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomo69

Reaction score
Hi I am not new to sports bikes, well perhaps I am ? My last Brand new sports bike was a 1st gen Gsxr1000 way back in 2001, it was theee bike to own back then, blisteringly Quick........fast forward to this afternoon my first ride on my 2017 1000 rr sport OMFG!!
was my amazing Gixer really that slow? I was actually blown today by the sheer acceleration, followed by razor sharp Brakes and excellent handling. I have spent the last 12 yrs on KTM race vsupermotos and more recently on a TLS 1000 street fighter (that was no slouch and is up for sale if your interested?) but the BM is in a totally different ballpark/ universe. I am in utter Awe of it....... Amazing, role on the summer, stay safe everyone.

Hi I am not new to sports bikes, well perhaps I am ? My last Brand new sports bike was a 1st gen Gsxr1000 way back in 2001, it was theee bike to own back then, blisteringly Quick........fast forward to this afternoon my first ride on my 2017 1000 rr sport OMFG!!
was my amazing Gixer really that slow? I was actually blown today by the sheer acceleration, followed by razor sharp Brakes and excellent handling. I have spent the last 12 yrs on KTM race vsupermotos and more recently on a TLS 1000 street fighter (that was no slouch and is up for sale if your interested?) but the BM is in a totally different ballpark/ universe. I am in utter Awe of it....... Amazing, role on the summer, stay safe everyone.

I wouldnt call OEM BMW braking pad - razor sharp brakes. EBC maybe yes for their initial bite, but BMW surely no.

But, yes welcome !

i thought mine were mint, i once seen seeley take a std s1000 around croft indicators , lights, std brakes 1,25 so they defo work

no doubt, no arguing here. but defo work/1,25 and Razor sharp are 2 different things surely.

@Tomo69 was a very enjoyable read, am really glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your first ride! That feeling never really wears off by the way! [emoji41]

Oh and yes the brakes do have excellent initial bite, the OEM setup is great for road use

- Oli

Last edited:
I came from an r1 and the bm is far better. Power, brakes (back wheel off the ground good) and electronics. I did think the r1 had it beat on the handling dept though. The r1 turned quicker and felt better in the corner.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lol believe me they razor sharp compared to my last ride which was an old TLS1000 street fighter

Welcome to the forum Tomo. Great write-up. 🙂
I moved from a GSXR 600 to the S1000RR & the BMW brakes really are in a different league compared to the GSXR.

Back