New bike - New forum

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Android

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I am not entirely sure how I ended up here. Well I bought an s1000rr with intentions to race it, so it is the right forum. When i say " not entirely sure" that means I had no intention of racing a BMW; I was after a Triumph Daytona. I am a Triumph fanboy and probably always will be. Formerly of the 'TriumphTorque' parish. More than a decade back I owned a road Triumph and Raced a track Triumph and yes I do have too many Triumph T-shirts for the stomachs of most here , I'm sure.

So "How did I get here?" (Talking Heads) A more experienced racing friend suggested the RR and just so happened to know someone who was selling one - Hey presto! I have ended up on the Dark-side. Apparently the bike will suit me and my needs better; always listen to your elders and betters.

I rode as a teenager, had a decade off, came back to it, had another decade off and came back to it again. I have commuted a bit, toured a bit, couriered a bit, raced a bit and instructed riding quite a bit.

I came here to glean some information about the s1000 if/ when I get stuck or confused but if I can help anyone here, that would be great too.

I'm off to buy myself a BMW T-shirt. :D

Hi android, welcome to the forum.

Im sure your bike experience will be of great value here, enjoy.

Welcome! Hope you find the forum useful, we could do with some extra folk using them on track and always enjoy a bit of race footage.

If you're into your T-Shirts we have a range as well :)

Welcome to the forum Android and congratulations on your new RR!

What were some of your favourite experiences on road onboard a Daytona?
I?m sure you will find RR?s never fail to excite and impress in equal measure [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Back