Dash cam / bike cam

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaz93

Reaction score
Does anyone run a bike style dash cam??
I've got a gopro hero 4 . But think they look ugly as hell stuck on side of helmet..
Anyone use a Drift ?? Or similar style slimmer camara

Wouldn't mind start recording my rides out and also doing Scotland tour this summer so would Love to capture some footage by making "baron von grumble " style video
Or even just have a camara recording every minute of ride should any numpty decide to pull out on me..
Would love to know how he edits / records his vlogs.. wonder if he uses some sort of remote

Last edited:
I don?t personally, but if you?re after a dedicated motorcycle dash cam, then the Innovv K2 would be an ideal setup, as automatically starts recording in loop-mode upon ignition on and provides both front and rear footage.

https://innovv.co.uk/products/k2/

For vlogging, an action camera from the likes of GoPro et al., in conjunction with an external microphone into your helmet would be a great setup. That being said, if you wanted to record the ride, without chit-chat, then you could always consider an external sound recorded from the likes of Zoom in order to provide better engine/exhaust sound quality (without the wind noise).

For editing, Apple?s Final Cut Pro X or Adobe?s equivalent product would be ideal choices. The former is what is used by BvG and Royal Jordanian

- Oli

Last edited:
i tried a gopro for a while and it made me nervous. lots of evidence can be taken. i dont even like riding with bikes that have them on now. :)

This is a very good point re action cameras ...

This issue can be avoided with regard to a dash cam though, as they don?t necessarily record speed, nor are they placed in view of the dash [emoji41]

- Oli

The AIM Smarty Cam is a bullet cam which is fitted and usually hidden. But the the price is eye watering.

There's a fella on eBay uk selling GoPro hero4 reconditioned for 75pound.

There tiny in comparison to most. You could mount it flush under the nose of the bike would be fairly descrete

There's a fella on eBay uk selling GoPro hero4 reconditioned for 75pound.

There tiny in comparison to most. You could mount it flush under the nose of the bike would be fairly descrete

Go on gumtree or Eblag.
You Can get a GoPro session cheap
Very good quality and solid as.
I use it for downhill mtb and on the rr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up buying a Drift Ghost X... with the bigger battery you get 8hrs recording time.. I was out for a total of 8 hrs on sunday and only managed to record 5hrs ( shows how much chatting and drinking coffee I do ).. and battery still showed 50% usage.. I use it as a dash-cam style recording constant 30 sec clips, using a 128gb sd card i'll get around 19hrs record time.
fantastic film quality.. would highly recommend buying one if you're in the market for camera

I once went to Germany with a group of guys who all had cameras mounted on their bikes. They would record the ride each day (8hrs +). When we got back to the hotel on the evening they would all sit and watch the footage from start to finish on the night. Suffice to say I've not been away with any of them since!

Ha!
I've video'd rides like the NC767 we did. If there was anything exciting I'd have posted it...

- Alex

Yeah that's all I did.. because they were 30sec clips I just edited some footage and made a file about 15mins long.. sort of a best bits of the day..I've started a YouTube channel.. "The Bike Perv".. but unfortunatly some of the footage from that ride out showed my speedo in triple figures.. I've ordered a polorised lens to black out speedo digits.. so I'll be more carefull after this weekend's ride up to the boarders when editing later..
Follow me on YouTube. I'm no Baron von Grumble but hopefully you'll like some stuff I do..I work away most of the year so there'll only be maybe a monthly upload..

My first time using a gppro is the session and I used it on the front mudguard of a track stomp 140.

The way it was bouncing and vibratoring I thought it'd be useless. But no seems perfect to me.

Anyone want to see the stability of it robertsracing on FB or robertsracingcork on Instagram.

Used the phone to activate it and check angles and off I went. Very simple

Back