Acf 50

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
I have a spray bottle like the one below
0f9ca671c2d92d03405f4ea680e90ec4.jpg

Got it out to use the other day but when I use the spray it just comes out as a stream, not a mist spray. Is this normal? Im sure it must be better applied as a fine mist.

I think its best applied via a rag anyway...so you don't get it on the rubber etc

- Alex

I found best way is to decant a small amount into the spray bottle and then warm the spray bottle up in boiling water...atomises the ACF much more effectively

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I spray onto a rag and apply it for plastics and likes of front forks, swingarm. Otherwise i spray it directly onto engine and rear shocker then rub with a rag and leave overnite before riding again

If you've access to a compressor these are good, tenner on eBay
You have to heat the acf50 to get it to atomise
4814a19aa9987cbeda6772b5d41a19b8.jpg

As MRD1000 and The MissendenFlyer on YouTube on how to apply ACF50, put the sprayer in warm water. Tried it myself and it works.

Yeah definitely warm it up, I put it in really hot water and it misted great. However I used a different bottle as to the one you get with the ACF50 I used a ?7 Flairosol bottle from Amazon after watching it on YouTube. I did find that same bottle not very good unless you get the ACF50 up to the right temperature.

See this ACF 50... what does it actually do...I've never used it...
Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Good wee video to demonstrate it Stuart, used on most aircraft. If applied regularly rust will never appear, it can be washed off thought but takes weeks of constant wet riding to do so, if applied monthly your metal will be more than protected. Just keep it away from your brake discs as it will penetrate into the pads and reduce their stopping power.

Both my bikes get it put on, my GSA is 9 years old this year and has zero rust anywhere.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W0aPOEFYlD8

JimmyMac

Last edited:
I was reading up on it last night...looks like really good stuff. I'll pick some up at weekend Jimmy.

So do you use it on body panels as well as the inaccessible areas like the cables/hoses and engine gubbins etc...

I'm no wanting it on my discs for sure...

S

I use 365 regularly...I bought 5ltrs when I nipped up to Scott Oilers Milngavie head office...

I'll buy some ACF tomorrow tho... I don't use my bike thru the winter so I've no corrosion on mine as such... 365 works for me just fine...it's great on body work btw...

NB: Matt's videos are always watcheable....

Last edited:
Tanks for the warming advice. Stuck it in a jug of boiling water whilst I washed the bike and it went on in a mist.

Back