Focused Events Euro Trip, help please...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
meant to be with sean got put on hathaways and it was damaged so u tell me, obviously something dropped on it not to worry only about ?500 damage

as long as your not worried thats ok then.

No Limits new stillages are a joke, taking screens off is a joke, loading them sideways onto the stillage FFS, whoever designed them was on drugs. still booked onto Portimao in march though.

I can maybe understand being unhappy about the new stillages - I'm going to bite the bullet next time I go and pay extra for a stillage to myself as I'll most likely take the road bike rather than my track bike - but taking a screen off isn't really an issue is it? (I've just fitted a TT screen to my S1000RR and there's no way it'll fit but ir's only 4 bolts...........)

Stillages are the size they are for packing them into a standard sized artic-wagon.

But they really are nothing to do with this thread on FE and a first trip abroad!

Cram everything in a stillage-you are responsible for your damage(or the other guys bike falling on yours!).Use FE's current method and at least they are responsible(and,as they load more bikes on a trailer you get a cheaper deal,or extra day).

I have used FE numerous times and never had any damage,I don't even wrap my bike.
If its your pride and joy don't take it on track-you will not relax and ride properly,it's amazing what a difference a set of race fairings and crash protection make.
Many people bubble wrap everything with extra on the tank and seat and don't forget the exhaust can.
Bear in mind that FE will,quite rightly,want to take a photo before loading-if you want any form of guarantee you will have to let them see it uncovered.
Having helped FE with unloading several times,I have seen it all.Bikes stuck in gear and dragging clutches,spongy brakes,massive covers so you can't even see if it has a sidestand or steer it,loose seats,loose bars(!) no sidestand but paddock stands taped or ziptied together.
So,ideally,leave the side stand on,remove mirrors,brake lever guards,make sure the seat is tight and the bike is not covered so much that you can't steer or push it and leave the sidestand visible!

this is quite a refereshing thread,FE getting praised and NL getting slagged :highly_amused:

F/E get slagged quite a bit to
I think he was referring to the switch around. NL getting stick when FE usually do.

Which just proves the point you can have good and bad experiences with all...but if you worry about it too much you'll miss the point. 3+ days on some of the finest tracks in the world :)

- Alex

only stating facts being doing t/days 15 yrs plus never had damage F/E , stillages are a pain in the arse, i know a few N/L instructors and others and a few said they used to be great when they first started bikers doing it for bikers , NOW just a money macking machine , dont give a flook , you couldnt even get tyres in cartagena as fitter had a problem ? yeh right

i have no doubt your stating facts,but i'd say given choice people would go with stillages everytime,why do you think FE are moving towards that?
as for NL being a money making machine,what do expect them to be,a charity? it's a buisness,it needs to be profitable or there will be nobody left to run trackdays certainly as far as UK days go,just look at how many different companies there are runing t/days, taking out circuit owned run days.

as for the good old days,yea it was different 5,10,15 yrs ago,but with so much H+S stuff,people wanting something for nothing all the time,people trying to claim for track damage etc the days do become a lot stricter/tightly run.

i used to love going to oulton,and being able to go out in other groups if i was testing a bike or getting some instruction etc,(always rode to the group pace before anyone starts) but no chance of that anymore,but shit happens,things change.

So I dropped the motorbike off at FE today.

By the looks of it, half of the people dont event bother wrapping the bikes:

IMG_20190209_104029.jpg

IMG_20190209_104046.jpg

I did a poor man's 10mins job

IMG_20190209_105749.jpg

IMG_20190209_105738.jpg

All went smoothly, can't wait for Feb 23 now.

Last edited:
So I dropped the motorbike off at FE today.

By the looks of it, half of the people dont event bother wrapping the bikes:

IMG_20190209_104029.jpg

IMG_20190209_104046.jpg

I did a poor man's 10mins job

IMG_20190209_105749.jpg

IMG_20190209_105738.jpg

All went smoothly, can't wait for Feb 23 now.
FE are really good at making it work. You’ll have a great time, forget the details, tracktime in Spain is living the dream...

guess it's done by people that dont want thier bike/fairings damaged due to carelesness or an accidental brush against something.

i look after my track bikes far more than i ever did my road bikes and although it's not the end of the world if they get scratched or damaged,taking a little precaution against it certainly doesn't hurt

Just loaded up today. Couldn't see much in the truck but there were people with much nicer bikes than mine that didn't look worried so all good!

Back