Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ducati 1299 Panigale S

Re: Ducati 1299 Panigale S

i must be getting old because to me the oe tail looks a lot tidy'er than the new one. the oe has smoother lines and moves the plate away from the sleek rear end. the new one just moves the plate closer as i know they should but it just dosnt look right to me. Ducatis oe attempt is probably one of the best oe ones around and allows for easy cleaning around that area.

Riding
    1299s

Quote Originally Posted by r25sti View Post
    i must be getting old because to me the oe tail looks a lot tidy'er than the new one. the oe has smoother lines and moves the plate away from the sleek rear end. the new one just moves the plate closer as i know they should but it just dosnt look right to me. Ducatis oe attempt is probably one of the best oe ones around and allows for easy cleaning around that area.

To me OE means original equipment and the DP tail tidy is an aftermarket option to the std tidy, the std tidy like most bikes comes back about 3ft.

I actually liked the look of the DP tail tidy, the issue I have with it though is the vibration and movement with it, itís far too excessive and I donít like that. So for me the only option was to replace it. The Evotech tail tidy also allows me to fit a wider range of plate sizes, the DP only really allows for std sized plates.
    Last edited by Wull; 3rd February 2019 at 09:59 AM.
    2011 S1000rr sport - out
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S - in

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wull For This Useful Post:

Riding
    1299s

Checking the bike over for a ride out on Sunday. Quick shifter still not working on upshifts so decided to have a look. Took the switch off, cleaned the contacts then put it back on. Went for a short ride and itís working fine again, for how long I do not know.

I will more than likely purchase and fit the Translogic shifter but thereís no rush.

I also thought my chain was slack but I measured the slack as advised and itís bang on.

I purchased a new camera so trying that out, will give much better results than the pictures I take with my phone.

Last edited by Wull; 23rd February 2019 at 02:04 AM.
    2011 S1000rr sport - out

Riding
    1299s

A few more
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 S1000rr sport - out

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER moogerdoo's Avatar
    Riding
    S1000RR 2017 Grey

Just watched the 2nd race WSB Philip Island, and I think Ducati have sneaked a Motogp prototype on the grid.
    I was so looking forward to seeing the New RR, and even Rea was a bit shell shocked.

Riding
    1299s

Quote Originally Posted by moogerdoo View Post
    Just watched the 2nd race WSB Philip Island, and I think Ducati have sneaked a Motogp prototype on the grid.
    I was so looking forward to seeing the New RR, and even Rea was a bit shell shocked.
    I think after the 3rd round they review all rpm limits on the bikes and I imagine the V4R will be knocked back a bit. Do I think it’ll matter???? Don’t think so......

I think it’ll make for closer racing but Bautista is a class above, I like Rea, got bored of him winning constantly but Alvaro is just brilliant the way he rides a bike, the consistent race pace is astoundingly fast, Rea has his work cut out that’s for sure.
    2011 S1000rr sport - out

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Alvaro has brought a better challenge to Rea. The V4R, Philip Island and Alvaro was a match made in heaven. I heard them say in the commetary that the v4 is more compact in terms of length that the Vtwin so there were added chassis benefits with the switch. Tyre life has always been a strong point and this was all about the tyres.
    I don't mind if Ducati break their duc' ( ) this year but I don't want total annihilation, that's what everyone agreed was wrong with the last few years. I think there could be a few titanic battles based on the 10lap super pole race.

I am also hating the stupidity of people say the 12second victory was proof all MotoGP riders are better than all WSBK riders and that Rea and co were not worthy. It's just moronic.

Riding
    1299s

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Alvaro has brought a better challenge to Rea. The V4R, Philip Island and Alvaro was a match made in heaven. I heard them say in the commetary that the v4 is more compact in terms of length that the Vtwin so there were added chassis benefits with the switch. Tyre life has always been a strong point and this was all about the tyres.
    I don't mind if Ducati break their duc' ( ) this year but I don't want total annihilation, that's what everyone agreed was wrong with the last few years. I think there could be a few titanic battles based on the 10lap super pole race.

I am also hating the stupidity of people say the 12second victory was proof all MotoGP riders are better than all WSBK riders and that Rea and co were not worthy. It's just moronic.

The best comment on Facebook that I seen stated that WSBK riders aren’t as good as GP riders, then proceeded to use Nicky Hayden as an example, I had to comment making them aware that he had won the GP championship, some proper idiots about.
    2011 S1000rr sport - out

Riding
    2015 S1000RR Red /

Wull - I saw your bike today - was looking good. I went for blast up to the Green Welly then stopped at the Laid Inn on the way back down and saw it parked up along with the other bikes - good turnout eh ? There were load out bikes out today - happy days - hope the salt stays away.....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 2002sportevo For This Useful Post:

Riding
    1299s

Quote Originally Posted by 2002sportevo View Post
    Wull - I saw your bike today - was looking good. I went for blast up to the Green Welly then stopped at the Laid Inn on the way back down and saw it parked up along with the other bikes - good turnout eh ? There were load out bikes out today - happy days - hope the salt stays away.....
    62 bikes for the run, 33 of us were eating. Conditions were iffy to begin with then it got better later on. We all pretty much went home after the food, I went and got some fuel then headed up to Killin.

QS wasn’t working again from the moment I wheeled it out from the workshop. They’re coming to collect it on the 12th of March so hopefully after then it’ll be working as it should and have no further problems.
    2011 S1000rr sport - out