Questions about the 2019 RR?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just track unfortunately. I doubt I?ll get to ride it on the road until the demo arrives.

Interestingly while I think about it. The carbon wheels made with a certain amount of flex in them. So they are stronger and more durable than the forged wheels.

Thanks Tim.

Even though the bikes that you ridden were ‘prototypes’ were you given any info as to the finish of plastic/paintwork etc would be any different to the bikes that will delivered and if a timescale has been given to those who have pre ordered?

Thanks Tim.

Even though the bikes that you ridden were ‘prototypes’ were you given any info as to the finish of plastic/paintwork etc would be any different to the bikes that will delivered and if a timescale has been given to those who have pre ordered?

I think everything else was exactly as it will be. The bodywork plastics and paint were perfect. It was just more about the way the TFT works and final layout.
Deliveries are still on schedule.

I hope you snuck some forum stickers on to those press bikes tim lol.

Sounds like you are having a great time. Enjoy.

Cheers for the info. Re the Hayes caliper, yes ok on the street, but they should have an option to fit M4's/GP-RX's with the rest of the M package...

- Alex

Cheers for the info. Re the Hayes caliper, yes ok on the street, but they should have an option to fit M4's/GP-RX's with the rest of the M package...

- Alex

I have to admit, they didn?t have the bite I was expecting and maybe hoped for. But again it?s all personal. I like to hit the brakes once, hard and trail to the apex.
For me with these I felt I hit them hard and kept the same pressure to the apex. If that makes sense.

I didn?t at any point feel like I wasn?t going to stop and I was braking later and later into turn one. Ended up braking from 250kph after coming over the rise at the end of the straight.

It was interesting watching all the brake lights flashing like they do nowdays.

Hmm not sure how that sounds. We'll see in time.

What mode were you in by the end?
Do you mean you were braking after the track drops down by the marshall post or just after the line when it stops rising?

Hmm not sure how that sounds. We'll see in time.

What mode were you in by the end?
Do you mean you were braking after the track drops down by the marshall post or just after the line when it stops rising?

Braking as we drop off by the Marshall post. There was never any fade or similar. Just constant braking force.

I?d say give them a chance. It may suit your riding style, then you can look at pads if you want more bite etc.

It sounds like the brakes will suit me down to the ground!
I can't stand grabby brakes,which is why I always use SBS Dual Carbons.
Those who like fierce brakes can always change to a Brembo RCS m/cylinder and EBC gpfax or similar.
By the sound of it,I doubt there will be many s/stock riders complaining,after all BMW aren't likely to make the brakes inferior to the previous versions.

It sounds like the brakes will suit me down to the ground!
I can't stand grabby brakes,which is why I always use SBS Dual Carbons.
Those who like fierce brakes can always change to a Brembo RCS m/cylinder and EBC gpfax or similar.
By the sound of it,I doubt there will be many s/stock riders complaining,after all BMW aren't likely to make the brakes inferior to the previous versions.

I agree, it sounds like they?re going to right up your street :)

Btw chaps in answer to an above question, UK journalists are riding next week at Estoril.

Also I?ve had the nod on pictures, so once I?ve worked out how to from a mobile, I?ll be posting them.

Latest posts

Back