Early spring track days

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well your in the hands of the weather pointless riding around in minus conditions to me you learn nothing

when do you normally begin in the UK ?

what aboot Spain and Portugal ?

Last edited:
Makes more sense to go to southern Spain(Almeria/Cartagena/Jerez)or Portugal(Portimao).
Or wait until late March/April here.

Spring Trackdays

I certainly wouldn't bother with UK trackdays until at least late March, or early April. There are plenty of good European options available if you want to get on track earlier.

as above,but plenty days at almeria,cartagena,jerez etc.

if you do decide to do UK days around jan,feb,march i'd invest a set of inters,good for when it's cold or damp and dont shred up like full wets

Re: Spring Trackdays

I certainly wouldn't bother with UK trackdays until at least late March, or early April. There are plenty of good European options available if you want to get on track earlier.
I’d agree, from literally bitter experiences. However, if the weather turns in your favour it is worthwhile looking at the UK if you have the time at last minute trackdays, IF you can be flexible. You can also turn up on the day and see what if they have any space and pay cash..
No guarantees, but what better way to spend a day out on the bike if you’re out and about anyway.

Are any of you guys planning EU track days in Feb or March ? I havent to any yet, which one would be a good start ?

Jerez for me at the end of Feb as well :) Plenty of people doing Cartegena and Almeria and pretty much all the other Spanish tracks are potential options as the grip level is way higher than in the UK even when it is cold or damp. Portimao is by the coast so personally I avoid there in Jan and Feb.

Last edited:
Jerez for me at the end of Feb as well :) Plenty of people doing Cartegena and Almeria and pretty much all the other Spanish tracks are potential options as the grip level is way higher than in the UK even when it is cold or damp. Portimao is by the coast so personally I avoid there in Jan and Feb.
Who are you doing it with?

I see Almeria still available with FE end of Feb, but can't find who does Jerez.

end of feb is with pacedays,but it's sold out.

theres plenty cartagena dates with NL though

end of feb is with pacedays,but it's sold out.

theres plenty cartagena dates with NL though

For some reason I thought pacedays was dead. I once visited their website last year and it only showed events from 2016 or so.

Thanks for info!

Back