new here from uk telford

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed this, welcome.

What sort of assistance do you need? There's only a few on here with working knowledge unfortunately.

- Alex

Missed this, welcome.

What sort of assistance do you need? There's only a few on here with working knowledge unfortunately.

- Alex
thanks for a quick response
I have just bought a s1000rr 2015 for track use . the previous owner supplied me with rck3 to connect to a pc (ecu enabled etc.) and bike I had a quick demo all looked ok.
I have downloaded pc software for rck and it will not pair or connect to bike.
just wondered if anyone can help with a sequence for connection and what leds come on in which order the user manual has 1 line which says connect to bike hahah..
after that I have the data already to upload.
cheers

Race Calibration Kit (RCK)

If your S1000RR was supplied with the RCK enabled there should be accompanying documentation from BMW. It can only be activated within the ECU by a BMW dealership via a unlock code. You can easily check if the RCK is activated by giving BMW a call and providing them with the VIN. Activation is VIN linked and they will be able to tell when, and where, the code was sent to the bike via ISTA-P. Normally, when you buy the RCK you pay for both the activation code and additional hardware and cable to connect the bike (via the diagnostic port) to a laptop. You can download the latest version of the software free of charge from the BMW Motorrad website, or by contacting the BMW HP Race Department. In order to get the software to recognise the bike, the ECU must have been activated with the unlock code.

You absolutely must read the RCK manual before attempting to make any changes as the software is complicated and it?s easy to go wrong. The consequences of making some changes, particularly to engine mapping, in error can be fairly catastrophic. Like the software, the manual is available to download online via BMW.

Ideally when making changes you really want to have the bike running on a Dyno. This is especially so when altering the fuel injection and ignition tables. If the bike came supplied with the RCK activated it normally means it?s an ex-race bike (normally MRO or SSTK). If this is the case it?s well worth approaching one of the few BMW trained tuners (Hawk Racing, Phil Crowe Racing et al) in the UK to have the mapping and adaption values checked and validated.

What you can do yourself is activate all the tables once the bike is connected and you will be able to see the current settings for DTC, ABS, DDC etc. There are some particularly useful features within the software. For example you can change values for tyre radius adaptation which will ensure the traction control functions correctly for a given tyre size. Other options allow you to alter settings for engine braking in relation to gear and mode, pit lane limiter and shift assist sensitivity to name but a few.

The bottom line is that you must read the manual before attempting to make any changes. Any changes to ignition and mapping etc are best made on a Dyno. That said there are still plenty of changes you can make trackside, with the use of a laptop and the RCK cable, once you understand the software.

Race Calibration Kit (RCK)

When you connect the bike, plug the cable in first prior to turning on the ignition. Providing the ECU is activated for the RCK it should appear in the software. If not update the driver and it should resolve the issue and recognise the cable/bike when plugged in.

rck_3_Install.JPG

Just checking, did you install the modem driver? The one ticked.

What's in the fault bar? Or does it say the same as this?

faultbar.JPG

Last edited:
Re: Race Calibration Kit (RCK)

Thanks again, still not working need to check the modem driver someone suggested....
i appreciate the adjustments are not for the untrained just need to read how its setup then maybe get someone else to adjust, 1 thing i need to change is i have some 200 tyres that will need calibration.
anyway still not working but then i havent had much time...

Give Phil Crowe a call
Also, many don't find they have an issue with a 200 rear.

- Alex

Last edited:
alex
not that 1
it says something like cannot connect to motorcycle
bottom right shows connected but no rck3 info and no voltage.
just wondering if its modem connection in pc and firewall is blocking it
have tried another laptop doing the same. meanwhile have emailed bmw motorrad for more info.:tennis:

re the 200 tyre
there was a noticeable drop in power leaning bike into corners so assumed this was a mismatch with tyre.
til i get data download can,t tell.

Back