Bike Dryer

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJK

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you use a bike dryer after washing your bike, I?ve never owned one. I will use my bike when there is salt on the roads so I always wash it after every use and I normally dry it with a cloth afterwards would a bike dryer maybe a quicker easier option and help to get any water hidden inside?

Thanks

I use a dog dryer. loads cheaper and the same thing. i paid ?50 ish off ebay. once youve used one your wonder why you havnt had one before. :)

B9IdshG.png

Yeah I’ve read that about pet dryers, I just wasn’t sure if they would have the same power as I would image a dogs a little from fragile than a bike lol

I have a doublek motorcycle dryer. They dont seem to make them anymore. I dont think any pet would be happy being dried by it. It sounds like a jet fighter taking off when in use, and will strip off loose paint if held close to a surface.

I just give a bike a blow down with an airline from the compressor. Get standing water out of bolts / recesses etc. Works well.

Last edited:
+1 for the Pet dryer, absolutely great addition to the garage. Mine cost ?78, check the power output and variable power and heat settings, also length of hose as a long one is good (ooh err).

This is what I bought, https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072LP2Q8D/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

Good to know Phil cheers, I was looking at that particular one on Amazon last night, I might take the plunge and give it a try it’s almost half the price of some of the bike specific ones!

Great thing about compressor is it's powerful enough to blow every bit of water from every knook and cranny.

Great thing about compressor is it's powerful enough to blow every bit of water from every knook and cranny.

the dog dryers are really powerful on full chat too, i use mine on 3/4 as it would lift my venture shield. the problem with compressors is they can blow out dirty water if theres no water filter and its not regularly drained. the dog dryers also heat the air so dry even quicker, so not only blowing the air off but drying it too. ive used both and wont waste my time with one of my compressors now. :)

Looks rely good mate... I'll get one when my compressor packs in ������

Good to know Phil cheers, I was looking at that particular one on Amazon last night, I might take the plunge and give it a try it?s almost half the price of some of the bike specific ones!

+1 on this one. I've got the exact same model. Works a treat on the bike and the pooch

+1 on this one. I've got the exact same model. Works a treat on the bike and the pooch

Ordered this one today arriving tomorrow from Amazon, might even drag the bike out to give it a wash to try it out lol

Cheers guys :)

I used the bike drier for the first time yesterday and today and I’m so please I went for the one that was recommended on here as it works a treat, especially this time of year when it’s still cold and water can stand on the bike if it’s not dried properly! It was far cheaper than a proper bike one but I would imagine equally as good.

Back