alleged accident but was not involved

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cre0108

Reaction score
Today had a letter telling me i was involved in alleged accident and requesting why i had not filed a report. I need to discuss with my car insurance company tomorrow i have no knowledge of any accident caused or involved in. The letter from my insurance has the persons reg but location of accident unknown. Has anyone had a similar problem. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

First off I would check the contact details on the letter match those you already have for the insurer, just to ensure its not phishing.

If its nothing to do with you / you were not involved then I doubt you have anything to worry about. Perhaps incorrectly identified numberplate or a cloned vehicle.

Be interesting to see how you get on with it.

Last edited:
Its probably a scam. Check with your insurers if they are aware of any scams like it...they should know.

- Alex

Today had a letter telling me i was involved in alleged accident and requesting why i had not filed a report. I need to discuss with my car insurance company tomorrow i have no knowledge of any accident caused or involved in. The letter from my insurance has the persons reg but location of accident unknown. Has anyone had a similar problem. Any guidance would be appreciated.

I had a huge 6 month battle with my insurance company and ended up going through the Ombudsman to get it resolved after a very similar thing. I would speak to them first and see if they can easily get it sorted, if not drop me a pm and I'll send you some advice and details over.

Can I ask who the insurance company / broker is, be interesting if it's the same one...

Hopefully its just a phishing scam, make sure you use the contact details from your original insurance docs to question it.
Actually its official from my insurance company but when i talked to them they agreed not enough detail provided by the other company. I have now been back tracking on what i was doing on that day. I found that on your gmail account you can trace where you have been via your phone location its quite amazing.

I had a huge 6 month battle with my insurance company and ended up going through the Ombudsman to get it resolved after a very similar thing. I would speak to them first and see if they can easily get it sorted, if not drop me a pm and I'll send you some advice and details over.

Can I ask who the insurance company / broker is, be interesting if it's the same one...
Mine is Axa not sure which company nadw the claim. I will keep phoning them to keep pressure on. Cheers for offer of help. Chris

Back