Workshop Ramp - Stuartb's Winter Wonderland

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice stuart, just hope they bring it back in such good condition.
Great minds... I never normally give it a second thought, but yesterday I had a mental thing going on about my bike in the van !....

Last time it was in one of the rear indicators "snapped" off.. it ended up in a round of phone calls and Greg the van driver was chinned too..he actually called me about it... I eventually paid for one ... clearly it was like that when it left my place of course...

It would have been some wee fanny in the workshop walking past it..

BTW I've not road tested it lol...

HEADLINES::

Mechanic guy smashes bike into back of bus !

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Pre dealer pickup today... tallied up my spend.. kings ransom... !
339ede2d938714ca2de752bd658b7dd8.jpg

Had a bit of a strange call from dealer yesterday... rundown of the service included the following...

1: They noticed the front discs weren't moving on the bobbins as freely as they should...so they had a look at that..!.. I informed them the discs had done zero miles and will of course will be tight. I'm not sure what it was they done, but they done something apparently according to the service manager ..lol.

2: As they had ordered the grommits for my (new winglets, given to driver when bike was uplifted)..
We had agreed the tech would fit the winglets when on the bench...service desk called me to ask if I had the fasteners...I told him just fit new ones... they called me yesterday to say they didn't have any !... hang on..a main dealer doesn't 4 x M5 Torx screws ffs...

3: They replaced my brake fluid lol...

?240.71 final bill...

No real complaints but a wee bit disappointed with the above...

Forgot to add...

I had asked them twice on phone and once by email for a chop in against a new M Sport.....I was told I'd be phoned back...

Maybe that will happen..maybe not..who knows.

I got charged for new brake fluid too last service despite twice explaining that it didn't need done as I'd just replaced it. Lack of communication between Reception & Workshop.

Hope they give you a good price for trade in.

Lol.. typical...

The main dealer no screws bit left me speechless, to the point of I wasn't sure I believed them as these screws are common place on the plastics on RRs and loads other models... none..a main dealer...got to be ******* joking !

Here's what I suspect is going to happen..

Nothing... hee haw.. k'all.

They are closed Sun and Mon and apparently the chopper inner person is away on a course for the remainder of the week... was kind of hoping to speak to someone whilst the bike was there...

Maybe I'm too skeptical...wonder why !

Re: Workshop Ramp

Hi, just a quick tip. I've seen too many bikes go off the side of ramps when not thinking about how much force your using to undo/do up a bolt. Buy yourself some retractable cargo straps/buckles. You'll thank me... my Ducati took a dive but luckily the the crash protectors saved it from any damage. I have 2 each side on my bench so I can support front or back. see pic

https://flic.kr/p/2ePinbV

Doh... I missed that.

Another tip, don't show your numberplate on the web. I had my plate cloned on my GSX-R and had 13 summons! Took a load of agro to sort, bearing in mind thanks to Blair, you have to prove your innocence with cameras!

Gettin a bit para there mate ! Lol cheers for the tips...

Sorry for sounding like a pillock yesterday, busy day.

Some of the summonses were for over 100mph in a 30 limit i.e jail time. It was shocking when I went finally saw the pics, most were just a numberplate in the dark, you couldn't see what it was attached to. They finally got the guy when he applied for a logbook for the bike he'd stolen and put my plate on.

Bike looks great.... J

Relax mate..

Yea, all that's not good... mind you if I get whacked for a ton it's more than likely me that's been on it...

Cheers.. just got it back from dealers earlier...

Back