Helibars

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bazza007

Reaction score
Hi peep.am thinking of fitting a set of Helibars to my 2011 RR.as might right wrist is weaker than my left ..due to an accident 20yrs ago..I have heard that they a good..and do give a more comfortable riding position.please could anyone advise cheers..

They do quite significantly alter the riding position, which in my experience put less weight on the wrists, strain on the neck and helped slow speed control.
They are also completely plug-n-play so OEM compatible bar ends work and they are pre-drilled for switch gear.
Depending on your riding style though, you ?may? find it creates more strain on your inside wrist when hanging off. However, this does seem to depend on riding style and height

- Oli

That's very much for you valued input..
Your input has only strengthened the argument for buy a set..pick RR up 7 Feb...then a long wait for good weather...give me time to put some nice add on,s...
As for my riding style...mmm
Not ridden a bike in Seven years.last bike was a Blade.. think the RR will be a totally Different Animal..
THANK you Baz

I've just bought some as my wrist were shot after 100 miles, I guess because i'm not used to sport bikes coming from a lump like a GS.

Grip with your legs they keep telling me ( I often forget to though :apathy:)

I plan on touring doing 400 mile rides so hoping these will help.

Last edited:
Thanks skynet ,I'll remember that..might see you up your neck of the woods in the summer..am sure by then we'll know if the Helibars were a good Purchase...
I plan on doing the Scotchish 500 summer time..
Thanks once again..Be Safe..Baz

Hi, I use the Gilles adjustable bars. Stunning, combined with Skidmarx TT screen, better than any bike I've owned for comfort, better than my tourers which put too much weight on your lower back. 500-600 miles a day easily and regularly achieved. They're adjustable in angle as well. Find the best for your wrist. Maybe not what you think initially. It raised the bars around 80mm which is a lot. I'm 56 bike the way and broken pretty much every bone in my body ... twice. ;)

https://flic.kr/p/2eWqjjg

Hi, I use the Gilles adjustable bars. Stunning, combined with Skidmarx TT screen, better than any bike I've owned for comfort, better than my tourers which put too much weight on your lower back. 500-600 miles a day easily and regularly achieved. They're adjustable in angle as well. Find the best for your wrist. Maybe not what you think initially. It raised the bars around 80mm which is a lot. I'm 56 bike the way and broken pretty much every bone in my body ... twice. ;)

https://flic.kr/p/2eWqjjg
Hi mate, i'm looking at either the Gilles variobar 2 or the ABM fully adjustable.
How did you get on with yours?

Is 50mm the highest you can raise the bars without any issues?
I/m not too worried about the steering lock.

Are all the cables long enough and do they touch the fairing on full lock?
Ideally I would love the Abm tour option as they are 90 mm raised

Hi I actually raised mine 80mm. No issues with clearance. They provide spacers to raise the screen/bodywork. The brake lines and cables were all fine on my ABS bike. J

That's good to know. Were yours Gilles VarioBar2?
If there is no issue I'll be ordering them before I get the bike.

Is there anything I should look out for?

Nothing fairly easy fit, the only effort is measuring and drilling the location holes for the handlebar clusters. also be careful undoing the little torx in the handlebar clusters. There's a hidden one on each side. J

Hey guys, do I need to unplug the left fork leg wire to enable the yoke to come off?

What part of the wiring loom does it go through, is it a fairing off kind of job?

What part of the wiring loom does it go through, is it a fairing off kind of job?

Yes it is - you will need to remove the left middle section of the fairing to unplug the connector. It's also a good idea to remove the plastic cap on the fork top.

Hi I actually raised mine 80mm. No issues with clearance. They provide spacers to raise the screen/bodywork. The brake lines and cables were all fine on my ABS bike. J
how do the spacers work? under the mirror mounts?
Ta

I'm glad this has flagged up as I've been messing with my gilles all day and struggling to get clearance. I'm gathering I should get full lock either side?
Am I best starting a new thread do you think?

Back