Rear Brake

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitewards

Reaction score
My rear break lever has a lot of downward travel before anything happens. Any ideas what could be the issue please

worn pads,air in the system,poorly set up,faulty rear m/c.

it's usually air in the system though

Mine was like that, it?s one thing on the bikes that doesn?t work that well.
And there was no way of making it work better without changing parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?ve never had an issue with mine. In slick I can lock the rear easily if wanted.

It?s travel and power is comparable with the yam blue caps and old Gixer brakes from my older bikes.

Always found mine to need a lot of pressure to feel it?s slowing at all but will lock up under 10mph. Was thinking of changing m/c but not sure what to use

tbh the rear isn't exactly for stopping you,but (as far as road goes at least)more an aid to slowing down,and to help control slow manouveres (sp),so locking the rear would day your using too much to me.either that or you cant feel it too well hich could be down to few different things,lever position,type of boots your wearing etc.

I?m not saying I do lock it up, just that a lot of pressure is required to make it feel like the bike is slowing and yet you can lock it up at low speed. I use it all the time as I commute into central London every day. Nothing annoys me more than filtering behind another bike perfectly balanced using the rear brake even below 5mph where the bike in front has a rider with both legs down beside the bike and still looks like they are about to fall off. My favourite trick is arriving at a set of lights on the rear brake and stopping completely and being able to sit for over a second before casually lowering a leg to the floor. Looks absolutely mint if the lights change before I drop the leg and pull away.

Back