Hi

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biker

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just purchased a 2014 with a lot of miles on her...

Spent a few days cleaning and servicing stuff...

Just the headrace bearings to replace then she's ready for a proper test ride :woot:

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily and where are you based?
What is your motorcycling history?

Hope the weather is superb for your maiden voyage onboard the new steed [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily and where are you based?
What is your motorcycling history?

Hope the weather is superb for your maiden voyage onboard the new steed [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Hi Oli.

I've been on 2 wheels for over 30 years, never owned a car!

For the last 16 years i've been riding Honda Blackbirds, the most recent of which is a heavily modified 1200 with 180rwhp, carbon wheels, SP1 front forks radial calipers Ohlins shock etc etc which I love *but* being based in NW London and inside the A406 the sad reality is from this April, due to the new ULEZ, I cannot ride her any more without paying large daily non-compliance fees :/ (the ULEZ is central London from this April, but in 2 years the zone massively expands to cover most of inner London, including where I live).

So basically the hunt was on for something I could afford that would not bore me rigid due to my biking history :)

I was going to go for a Fireblade 1000 but all the cheapish ones I viewed were heavily raced and / or pretty wrecked when I spotted Steadynow's 2014 up for sale for around ?1k more than I wanted to spend but ?3-4k less than any other 2014 available so for me a no brainer and a bargain :D

It had high mileage and needed a few things doing (caliper service, new rear disk, new headrace bearings, tyres) but that did not put me off as i've put 150k+ miles on a bike before so I was on the first available train up north to throw my money at the dealer.

Picked it up from Bradford and blasted back to London on a cold but dry evening 3 weeks ago wheeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Fantastic bike but i've been taking it very easy until I have the time to change the headrace bearings (the lower bearing is trashed with a lot of play which can be very dangerous if I need to brake hard suddenly - tried tightening it with no change in play).

I'm looking forward to the challenge of nursing her to 100k+ miles :)

Have fun with her... i did...:disturbed:

Thanks man, I'll take good care of her :)

like i say to my friend. Why would you not sleep with your hot girlfriend, just to keep her tight for the next guy.... hence.. i've given my bike a regular hard going over. It'll be better for it too

like i say to my friend. Why would you not sleep with your hot girlfriend, just to keep her tight for the next guy.... hence.. i've given my bike a regular hard going over. It'll be better for it too

I'd say it is definitely run in :D

Back