Does the gen 2 tank fit gen 3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrucieB

Reaction score
Alright guy's
Not been on here for a while. I've just bought a gen 3 and will be stripping it and turning it into a track/race bike. Think I've sussed out what race parts I've got that I can use.
I'm looking to buy another tank rather than risk the mint one, I've seen a gen 2 tank. Does anyone know if it will fit the gen 3?

I'm waiting to hear back from Dynojet to see if the power commander and fuel module from the HP4 will work ok.
Also not sure if the HP4 headers will fit but I'll wait to see on that one.
Oh yeah I've also got a Nova gearbox which I think will fit straight in?

Sorry if been asked before, any info on the above would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nova gearbox will fit straight in,but it's a full engine split,is it a new box?

got an alpha 6.2 head if you want to go full sbk with the rebuild ;)

Thanks guy's, that's great.
The Nova box is not new but in mint condition, yeah not goina rush into fitting it because of the labour costs.

HP4 exhaust will fit a gen3,but you will need the header flanges for a gen3 akrapovic or have the hp4 ones turned down on a lathe.

HP4 exhaust will fit a gen3,but you will need the header flanges for a gen3 akrapovic or have the hp4 ones turned down on a lathe.
Hey Baz

Have you done the flanges before? My mechanic's not had the headers off yet but says it's quite a difference.
Would you also know if it's just the flanges needed or do I need the inner sleeves as well? It's about ?250 for both sets :/

I haven't done a akrapovic,but I have done gen1/2 arrow headers.
The inner rings need turning down to 48mm to fit the port.A simple job in a lathe.The flanges fit the same.

Back