New RR owner, hello from India!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akash

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just joined the club and fulfilled my childhood dream of having a litre bike. I live in Chandigarh, India (beautiful city) and recently the Motorrad dealer opened up next to the BMW cars section. My friend is the Business Head at Motorrad which was a major factor in deciding what to get for my bike (ownership experience is better that way). Also, since i'll mostly be using my bike on the road, its a no brainer as this is the most user friendly road going 1000. Also, i had it painted in my car's colour from the dealer.
Loving it so far!
Also, wish i could figure out how to post photos of my bike here.

Welcome to the Forum... On my bucketlist is to rent a Royal Enfield in India, along with a mechanic behind in a van and ride from Shimla to Srinagar... if I ever make it, I will give you a call :) Oh, I will need to pop in and see my parents in Pune

Hey bud, sounds like a plan! My father in law (based in the same city) has a few REs that he rents out and we are really close to shimla so it would be a great place to begin with. You're most welcome to hit me up, i'd be glad to help you make arrangements. Even if you just want to visit nearby places you're most welcome to visit town and i can show you around. Cheers!

Hey Akash, welcome.

My family are originally from Panchkula, so yeah , I can endorse the city beautiful title it holds.
My grandfather taught me to ride a geared Vespa when I was about 11 on one of my visits there ( I?m uk born). The thing weighed a f*in ton, could barely get it off its centre stand.
Progressed to a hero Honda from there & thought I was the business.

Congratulations on the RR mate, how the country has ?progressed ? eh..

स्वागत हे
Hi Akash, welcome to the site.

You come from such a large and diverse country which I honestly didn't know had a road network that would suit a Superbike, glad for you that it has.

Take care on the roads and hope you enjoy your bike and the forum.

JimmyMac

Hey Rosso, thank you for the warm welcome and sharing the story bud. I totally remember my dad having a Vespa and me always failing to get it off it?s stand as well. Smart engineering preventing us frail little curious chaps from accessing them.

And I wish I could say the same about road manners of drivers here. Not getting any progress at all 😅

Please do drop a text whenever you visit. Would be glad to catch up!

Hi Jimmy, thank you I really appreciate the kind words.

Well to be honest the roads can always be better, but I guess only the Germans have them good! Some of my clients from the UK say that they found the roads in my city smoother than many British ones so I?m equally amazed!

But yes the ?big bike? scene has picked up a lot. To the point that the Hayabusa, a few top end Ninjas, all Triumphs and Harley?s (and some more) bikes are being assembled in India. In fact they?re selling for lower prices than the UK, I kid you not sir. Harley even manufactures the Street 750 here and exports to all around the world.

Roads in the south have much more civilised users than up north here but I?m in a rather decent city so I can actually be happy using such a bike.

Again thank you for your welcome and you always have a friend here in case you?d like to drop by. Cheers!

Thank you for the welcome preynol1. Hoping to make the best of it.

A belated welcome to the forum Akash and congratulations on your new RR!

There are two ways to upload photos to the forum. As a standard member you must post a URL to a suitable photo hosting site such as Google etc. Alternatively, if you subscribe to the forum as a Premier Member you can upload photos natively to the site. Naturally we prefer the latter option, which also confers numerous other benefits. I have provided a link with more information on Premier Membership, should this be of interest to you [emoji846]

I am sure your RR will both excite and impress in equal measure, regardless of what type of riding you enjoy.
I hope you enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
May you have many more happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?6735-Premier-Membership-What-is-it

- Oli

Hi Akash, welcome mate. My family originate from Bangladesh but just cant imagine how an S1000RR would cope on those roads!

Back