Exhaust headers and the usual rattle

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zxcv12

Reaction score
2016 std exhaust at 17k+ miles. It?s with the dealer at the moment have ?the big service? total spend around ?1k at the moment. I?ve opted to get the Cush drive rubbers replaced as they?re starting to annoy me now. But, they called me to say that the flaps are rattling in the header and they need to be replaced. Cost for that....?2k++! So, that?s not happening obviously 🙄. My question is, I don?t really care if they rattle, it sounds no different than it ever did to me. It still pulls like a train, so what?s the point? Is there any reason to replace? Should I just crack on and forget this or is there some reason I need to replace them due to associated damage to the engine or performance?
I?d rather replace with a second hand alternative full system than hand over 2 grand for no reason! Anyone any thoughts?

[emoji15]Wow, sounds like another reason for extending warranty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well my simple man maths said no to ?50 a month a year ago so that ship has sailed! I’m on my own now....

Akra system is 1200 in stainless...

- Alex
That would definitely be plan B then, but I’d rather just leave it alone and spend nothing. There must be quite few on here with much higher mileage on their bikes with rattle prone flaps, can they fail completely? Or is it just a case of ignore it? It’s so expensive as the whole header system has to be replaced to cure it.

Thanks Guys, I’m going to ignore it and replace with a full second hand system later in the year. But I’m mindful of the noise limits for UK tracks, it has to be able to pass noise tests!

Back