6.2 Engine??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDJ46

Reaction score
Hi all.
Quick question. Does anyone know if a BMW Motorrad SBK 6.2 motor is a generation 2 or 3 engine?
Cheers

I think 5.x would be the Gen2, so Gen3 would be 6.x

Update: that was utter nonsense

- Alex

Last edited:
6.2 can be done to any gen 2+3 engine (i have 2 of them ).

95% of the work is in the head,crank,pistons+rods are all standard,but rods+pistons are matched for balance.Ti valves,springs,billet inlet+exhaust cams.no porting though suprisingly.makes around 215-220 depending on dyno,but have much better mid range i find.
then the variable airbox inlets are modified,and also have a heavier weight (assume to drop them back faster,but not 100% sure of the reasoning?).

?12k from Alpha!!!

if your interested i'm splitting my spare alpha engine+Nova LITA gearbox,the head is basically a bolt on part..

no Alex, 5.2 is superstock spec reg,run different pistons but are homologated.6.2 SBK then 7.2 WSBK

BMW Race Engines

5.2 - Superstock
6.2 - BSB/SBK
7.2 - WSBK

The last time I spoke to BMW they said the ?guide? prices for race engines was ~?10,000 (5.2), ~?17,000 (6.2) and ~?23,000 (7.2). The BMW Race Dept can also build engines to suit specific championships. Generally the higher the level of racing, the higher the cost!

my 6.2 cost ?17,500 new build from Alpha.

thats with a Nova LITA gearbox,billet sump,billet extended oil pick up.

dont get men wrong,i didn't pay that,it came with the bike package.theres not a chance in hell i'd pay that for an engine :wink-new:

Thanks for all the responses. You?ve cleared that up for me. Much appreciated

Back