SAE connector location idea for my optimate charger on my 2016 s1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Union8

Reaction score
Well tomorrow I am going to fit the wiring for the SAE connector for my optimate 3 and I would appreciate some ideas as to what hidden location people done, at the moment I have 3 ideas:
1. Under the passenger seat with the alarm, pros: will be dry, cons have to take the passenger seat off every time I need to charge the battery.
2. On the rear frame inner, behind the passenger foot peg, pros: easy access, cons can get wet but does have a rubber cap to avoid this issue.
3. Attached inside the front fairing this could be hidden I have yet to properly investigate a good location. Pros: hidden and easy access, cons: could get heat from the engine not good for wiring.
As always appreciate all the feedback from members.

Under the pillion cowl/seat. Also ensures the bike key is taken out of the ignition.

Last edited:
Thanks Soofsayer, just have to hope that the supplied wire it long enough.

I have mine set up under the pillion seat. Safer and less chance of water issues or tampering!
If it?s a standard lead it will be long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under the rear pillion seat for me and rhus us fitted by BMW.. it requires a bit if effort to remove seat but its tidy no exposed wires.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

B907B3BD-D516-4CFE-8DD2-AA8843A0A9BD.jpegWell as per the recommendation from members I have now installed the SAE connector under the seat cowl, the length of supplied by optimate was just enough

Thanks Soofsayer since I am not riding at the moment I am enjoying tinkering instead.

Back