Tyco original or buy Tyco fairings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richy170

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2015 gen 3 with a full Akra evolution titanium exhaust. Ive got carbon fibre everywhere, about 1.5k of ProBolts and have spent a fortune on it. I have now seen a 2016 original Tyco which I am interested in. My dilemma is do i buy it and then spend even more money swapping over the exhaust and all the other nice bits or should i just get my 2015 converted to a Tyco using 8Ball. Theyr'e closed at the moment so I don't know the cost, if anyone does please shout. If I do get the 2016 Tyco should I convert my bike back to OEM. I have HP levels, HP rearsets, HP engine and wheel protectors, full Akra evolution exhaust, Ohlins steering dampener, and Illmberger front air intake, mudguard, top panels, seat towels , swingers covers. All this would need to come off and I haven't got the knowledge or skills to swap over so i would have to pay for it.

Chinese fairing kit? They look great and it means your originals are safe in the garage...

- Alex

TYCO BMW Replica

I personally wouldn?t bother. TYCO BMW replicas are nice, but they date quickly as the race team changes their paint scheme every season. I also agree that the official BMW replicas were rather overpriced. Essentially they are just a standard S1000RR with some HP accessories bolted on.

Re: TYCO BMW Replica

Chinese fairing kit? They look great and it means your originals are safe in the garage...

- Alex

this

I recon you would be going backwards on spec , them Tycos are way over priced for what they are an s1000rr with a paint job, keep yours. I recon about ?1000 for a paint job

this

@budgie can quote you

- Alex

and this.

The tyco rep is just a paint job with hp bits. I am not even sure some of the tyco reps for sale are genuine originals or ones that have been done by the owners. Either way you would be paying a premium just for a paint job. Keep your bike and get some fairings painted up.

Decision made to keep my own bike and get a Tyco paint job after a shocking part ex offer for my bike. 8k for a gen 3, 2015 with 21000 miles and also 4 years remaining on BMW service pack. Apparently that price will reduce to 7k when the 2019 bike hits the showrooms. I’m going to keep it and start looking for some places that can do a decent Tyco paint job. I know about 8 Ball but can anyone else recommend some places so I can compare quotes. Whilst searching I kept stumbling across vinyl wrapping. I’ve no knowledge of this so would welcome any views. How strong is it and how long would it last etc.

So as a part ex thats what I should expect to get for mine then - 2015 Motorsport, sport pack 25K miles. 7K trade in when I bite the bullet in May. Ouch.

not till the dealers add their margin on, px prices are a joke at the moment ,

The dealers have some really good deals on used S1000RR at the minute so it de-values the product, in turn that means terrible part ex price. Coopers were selling an 18 plate with 1600 miles for ?11999 just before Xmas it?s been sold now but that is a great deal for what is essentially almost a new bike.

@budgie can quote you

- Alex

The quality of Budgies paint work is absolutely stunning. If I was looking at a rep. He would be my first, second and third choice.
Not just a paint job but more a work of art.

e1bc874bbbd3e8a72bd105ea0b1754b5.jpg

JimmyMac

Decision made to keep my own bike and get a Tyco paint job after a shocking part ex offer for my bike. 8k for a gen 3, 2015 with 21000 miles and also 4 years remaining on BMW service pack. Apparently that price will reduce to 7k when the 2019 bike hits the showrooms. I?m going to keep it and start looking for some places that can do a decent Tyco paint job. I know about 8 Ball but can anyone else recommend some places so I can compare quotes. Whilst searching I kept stumbling across vinyl wrapping. I?ve no knowledge of this so would welcome any views. How strong is it and how long would it last etc.

I was offered ?8000 by Woolaston BMW at the weekend for a 2019 RR. Mine is a 2015 with 14875 miles but being a sales manager i could achieve ?10'000 myself.
I lost a very good friend of mine on the way back from a ride a few years ago. He worked for Tyco and wore all their clothing so after his passing i got a standard gen 3 and made my own Tyco replica as i couldnt find a genuine one for sale at the same time.

I would post a picture of it but i really dont know how

Sorry to hear about you're pal Gradders, nice that you did the bike in his scheme.

I'm crap with computers but got Tapatalk on my phone which allows photos to be put up here easily, even for me.

JimmyMac

Nothing can beat a proper professional paint job for finish. Wraps are convenient but they are only ever as good as an average paint job. For the racebike I go half way house by getting a professional paint job of the basic colour design and then adding stickers for sponsors etc. If you want to pay more for the best results the paint shops will add your stickers before doing the final clear coats layers.

Bike painted and returned. This was a much cheaper option than trading her in. Done by Dreamworks in Nottingham.

Attachments

• C01A1AFF-5AA0-4491-B87B-930BDBF723AC.jpg
    C01A1AFF-5AA0-4491-B87B-930BDBF723AC.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
  • 81D26334-988A-4750-860F-641933D8F7AE.jpg
    81D26334-988A-4750-860F-641933D8F7AE.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
Back