Insurance Help Needed!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikelife

Reaction score
Hello All,

Happy New year and all that Jazz!!

So I have decided to treat myself to a 17/18 plate RR however have got one rather big and annoying problem.... INSURANCE!!

I had my licence since Feb 16 and being only 24 years old I have seriously struggled to get a sensible quote (less than ?8000). Now although having had my licence since 2016 I have changed up bikes a few times and had gaps in riding hence I have no NCB :(.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and to see if anyone has any suggestions for me.

Thanks in advance.

George

Hello All,

Happy New year and all that Jazz!!

So I have decided to treat myself to a 17/18 plate RR however have got one rather big and annoying problem.... INSURANCE!!

I had my licence since Feb 16 and being only 24 years old I have seriously struggled to get a sensible quote (less than ?8000). Now although having had my licence since 2016 I have changed up bikes a few times and had gaps in riding hence I have no NCB :(.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and to see if anyone has any suggestions for me.

Thanks in advance.

George

Speak to be Moto

Hello,
Thank you for the advice however the price comparison sites are gave the same extremely high quotes.
George

Hi and welcome,

Bemoto are a forum partner because we rate them personally both for premiums and service. We have a deal with bemoto to give forum members a discounted titanium package. I hope they are able to assist.

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?9385-BeMoto-Motocycle-Insurance-Deals-for-Forum-Members

I would have thought with little previous and no NCB your going to struggle.

Felix aka Ben might have some recommendations.

My suggestion is ring around and talk to as many as possible. To play one off against the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,
Thank for you the suggestions, I am due a call back from Be Moto tomorrow morning so fingers crossed!!!

Thank you for the comments, I have a feeling you might be correct and if no luck with Be Moto tomorrow then I will wait until I have had my licence for three years and see if that makes a difference.
Thanks again

I would have thought with little previous and no NCB your going to struggle.

Felix aka Ben might have some recommendations.

My suggestion is ring around and talk to as many as possible. To play one off against the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAC to the rescue!! Just managed to sort out and pay a reasonble price for the year!
Thank you everyone for there help!
George

Got it for ?1700 in the end which I thought was very reasonable considering age and lack of NCB!

Well good you got sorted, as long as you stay out of trouble that figure will dramatically fall moving forwards. So when do you get your bike?

Well good you got sorted, as long as you stay out of trouble that figure will dramatically fall moving forwards. So when do you get your bike?

Yes very very happy it is all sorted. Also extremely thankful that I have my dream bike fairly early in my riding ?career?(cringeworthy but you know what I mean).
Going to Bahnstormer Thursday to finalise everything and then hopefully collect the bike the following Thursday due to work commitments.

Back