Old pinlock, new visor

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought a new visor as the old one was getting a bit too scratched. I didn't buy a new pinlock insert. I know these don't last forever but this is the first time I've changed the visor on this helmet and thought I might get a bit more life out the pinlock.

As you might expect, it doesn't fit securely against the visor, so it'll let the visor steam up if I use it...
1. any tips for making the old pin lock fit snugly against the visor
2. ...or do you all just buy a new pinlock every time you buy a new visor

Cheers

Rick

I've bought a new visor as the old one was getting a bit too scratched. I didn't buy a new pinlock insert. I know these don't last forever but this is the first time I've changed the visor on this helmet and thought I might get a bit more life out the pinlock.

As you might expect, it doesn't fit securely against the visor, so it'll let the visor steam up if I use it...
1. any tips for making the old pin lock fit snugly against the visor
2. ...or do you all just buy a new pinlock every time you buy a new visor

Cheers

Rick

You need to turn the little black nipple's on the visor, they are shaped to adjust the tension. Take a close look at them and you will see what I mean.

Last edited:
The pointy bits should be pointing inwards once the insert is in position. Pics?

Thanks all, solved it. Nipples now pointing to 4 o'clock and sealing nicely. Used it as an excuse to take the RR fur a quick blast. Bracing but fun!

Back