Frustrated with paying money for no results.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMD6319

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Simple explanation. I had a perfectly running, well looked after 2012 s1000rr. Before i went to portimao, i changed the oil and cleaned the air filter. On arrival the bike would not start. After 12 months of passing to 3 individuals, who are meant to be experts. The bike starts but doesn't respond to the throttle, the error comes up as throttle body issues. I was thinking of changing the ECU. Has anyone got a explantation or a understanding to why it won't respond.

Sounds a bit like my old 2012 issue

Is yours intermittently working or flat out not working at all?

Mine was intermittent.
Changing the IMU/gyro was going to be my next test before I gave up and traded it in. Reason being I datalogged wierdness in the imu values before it tripped out.

Tim @ Lind had tried, new throttle pos sensors, engine loom, ecu flash etc without success before we got the IMU data.

I would see if I could borrow a known good unit to test and rule out.

- Alex

Simple explanation. I had a perfectly running, well looked after 2012 s1000rr. Before i went to portimao, i changed the oil and cleaned the air filter. On arrival the bike would not start. After 12 months of passing to 3 individuals, who are meant to be experts. The bike starts but doesn't respond to the throttle, the error comes up as throttle body issues. I was thinking of changing the ECU. Has anyone got a explantation or a understanding to why it won't respond.
Maybe could be something related to TPS, try a rapid bike or PC so u cam acess TPS. Good luck

pretty sure it's the throttle body potentiometer,had similar issue on my bike.when i'd do diagnostic,would say twist grip sensor (this is on my gen3),which actually means the throttle body actuator (black round-ish thing with black cable coming off it).i'd give that go tbh before anything else.about 120 quid from bmw

does it go into limp mode,or just wont rev past 4k? but will reset if turned off,but the issue comes back intemitantly

Back