Gen1 Quick Shift Issues?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
My quickshifter no longer works after changing back to standard rearsets when riding, but it does work when the bike is on the paddock stand......

Anyone got any ideas?!

It's probably you!
Foot position in relation to the lever,boots etc. can often cause problems(mainly so,on earlier bikes).

It's probably you!
Foot position in relation to the lever,boots etc. can often cause problems(mainly so,on earlier bikes).

100% not me, I know how to change gear!
The lever lifts up but just hits a hard stop and no gear change.

Rode the bike back home today and it definitely isn't working, anyone got any ideas? What is the calibration all about?!

If its well out of synch then you need to visit the dealer to recalib.

But check chain slack, clutch lever microswitch and then stick it on a paddock stand and clutch change it into each gear for 10+ seconds at a time.

- Alex

If its well out of synch then you need to visit the dealer to recalib.

But check chain slack, clutch lever microswitch and then stick it on a paddock stand and clutch change it into each gear for 10+ seconds at a time.

- Alex

Thanks mate, will do.
Do you mean 10 seconds in 1st, 10 seconds in 2nd etc? Do I need to use throttle or just idle?

So still not managed to sort it.

Got BMW to refit my R&G rearsets and hopefully sort the quickshifter out but they haven't managed. They've reset all the calibrations but still doesn't work when riding (does on a paddock stand). I've done the calibration thing and still no luck.

Anyone got any ideas?

you tried a different unit to make sure it is or isn't yours?

you tried a different unit to make sure it is or isn't yours?

Quickshift unit? The mechanic said he's never heard of one fail before so was quite surprised we couldn't fix it.
Do you mean just swap the bit in the rod out?

i mean the actuall shift unit,switch that the rod attatches to.

any bike changes on the stand theres no load on the wheel ,

It worked perfectly.

Then I swapped from R&G rearsets back to the standard parts and it stopped working. I'm no mechanic but know which end of a spanner is which and don't remember doing anything out of the ordinary when swapping over.

Now I'm back to the R&G rearsets but still not working.

After doing some googling I have found another possibility, I have changed the levers and thinking there may be an issue with the clutch microswitch so got to have a play with that now. Hoping it's that!

did ypu put the little tab onto your new lever? if not,thats your issue.did you mention you'd changed levers?

just checked,you didn't.if you had said that,you would have fixed it 5 minutes after your original post ;)

just checked,you didn't.if you had said that,you would have fixed it 5 minutes after your original post ;)

Haha I forgot!
I had Evotech levers on it but gone back to standard so just assumed everything would work like it should! Not sure what you mean by little tab though, never had to change anything on the Evotech's?

(apologies for my stupidity!)

look on the bottom of the lever,theres a little post with a threaded hole,attatched to that should be a little metal or plastic tab,it's there to activate the clutch switch,basically tells the bike the clutch lever is in or out,which efects the q/s (from memory,lever fully out,activates the switch,so engine knows to enable q/s).

if the switch isn't activated,engine assumes clutch lever is pulled in,and wont activate the kill time needed for the q/s to work.
you could tape the switch button closed to fool the bike into thinking the clutch lever is out if you cant find the little tab.

try that and i#d be very suprised it doesn't work after that.

look on the bottom of the lever,theres a little post with a threaded hole,attatched to that should be a little metal or plastic tab,it's there to activate the clutch switch,basically tells the bike the clutch lever is in or out,which efects the q/s (from memory,lever fully out,activates the switch,so engine knows to enable q/s).

if the switch isn't activated,engine assumes clutch lever is pulled in,and wont activate the kill time needed for the q/s to work.
you could tape the switch button closed to fool the bike into thinking the clutch lever is out if you cant find the little tab.

try that and i#d be very suprised it doesn't work after that.

Yep you were right, not seated correctly so wasn't hitting the microswitch!
Thanks for the help mate.

Back