Helibar Help Required

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cinnabull

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking at buying a set of Helbars as a last resort to see if I can get 'comfy' on my bike. However, if they don't work for me i'll need to sell or p/ex for a sit up. Is there anyone in the NW with a set that I could come and just sit on your bike to see how they feel. I actually want to keep m S1000RR and am looking at all options to do this. Anyone pls...?

Stuart

Yeah they look good, cheers for the heads up pal. TBH I need to sit on a bike with them on before I take the plunge as I will sell the bike if I don't like em. I cant cope with the riding position as is, and as much as I love the bike overall, it isn't comfy for me. If you get them let me know how you get on.

Stuart

I’ve got them on my 2015, however I live in the south, Hampshire/Surrey border. If you are down this way you are welcome to try them. Must be worth a try before drastic action and better than selling the bike. With HP rear sets and Helibars I have a good combination of comfortable positions.

Heyup Richy,

Cheers for the offer pal, but like you say, a tad too far away but much appreciate the offer of help

Stuart

Helibars do make a surprisingly significant alteration to the riding position. If the goal is to be in a more upright riding position with less weight on the wrists, then Helibars are an effective and by far and away the simplest (literally plug-n-play) option out there.
Depending on your riding style, you may find they load your inside wrist more when hanging off the bike

- Oli

I need to try first Oli. I don't want to put any more money in or on the bike if it still isn't going to work for me. I get the idea of Helibars, but they will be different for each person I guess. If I cant get comfy, one way or another the bike will have to go.

Stuart

Back