Anyone know this s1000rr?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ukbmw

Reaction score
When i do trackdays i often follow people round and video them so they can see how they are riding.
Its a good bike comparison too.
I forgot to catch up with this guy at brands this year.
Im sure ive seen him there before.
Neat riding style.
https://youtu.be/3H9t25xQpxw

Nice vid. Some varying speeds in that group.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I find it every track day. Trouble is people in the group can vary 10 seconds or more per lap. Its the same as me entering a bsb race. Its dangerous but what can you do.

Trackdays

We see this time and time again when instructing on track. Chrono Days do help as we can monitor lap times and move people around groups, but we need a pool of data first in order to see a rider's average lap time. That said there will always be a spread of lap times within each group. The problem is made worse by the fact that a lot of riders are simply not truthful about their ability / track experience when booking online. 99% of the time these riders will place themselves in a faster group which is ultimately unsafe for both themselves, and others, but they simply fail to see this point. The Inters group is by far the worst for this.

Inters will always be a mishmash cause you can't know on the day who will be there and what the skill level will be. On one day I could be fast inter and another slow just because of who turned up.

Chrono is the best way to sort things out.

- Alex

Check this out then. My first session in the advanced group.
I wasnt going anywhere near 100% coz just bedding in a new setup but my god i could walk faster than some of these guys!
https://youtu.be/cRPTvcSJl8w

What dash is that on your bike ukbmw?

you realise it's a zx10 not bmw? ;)

chrono is tricky to do on UK days imo as you get people pushing trying to get a time in in the 1st few sessions before lunch resulting in carnage,Euro trips they are very good generally though and make a for more evenly paced groups,but you can still get a 10 second difference between riders

Yip, did realise that, but was wondering if it was an aftermarket dash, the orange lit rev counter do da would do ma head in

you realise it's a zx10 not bmw? ;)

chrono is tricky to do on UK days imo as you get people pushing trying to get a time in in the 1st few sessions before lunch resulting in carnage,Euro trips they are very good generally though and make a for more evenly paced groups,but you can still get a 10 second difference between riders

Chrono = Superpole. lol. I do like the chrono days though. its a little different although i did have a bad experience with it at silverstone once. after everyone was put in the right group they sent out about 20 bikes at the same time and all running at the same sort of pace. ive never seen so much fairing bashing and even fairing kicking in one session.lol. i pulled in to get away from the carnage. :)

Chrono = Superpole. lol. I do like the chrono days though. its a little different although i did have a bad experience with it at silverstone once. after everyone was put in the right group they sent out about 20 bikes at the same time and all running at the same sort of pace. ive never seen so much fairing bashing and even fairing kicking in one session.lol. i pulled in to get away from the carnage. :)

yep,have done a ride through loads of time to try find some space,plus it allows me to use my pitlane limiter,you know,for that factory look :biggrin-new:

You hardly notice when riding and its not as bright as it looks in vid. Was a dark day

Check this out then. My first session in the advanced group.
I wasnt going anywhere near 100% coz just bedding in a new setup but my god i could walk faster than some of these guys!
https://youtu.be/cRPTvcSJl8w

Almost looks like everyone is riding sighting laps.

I bet you were on a fully booked out day, I find when Inters is full fast becomes a mess.

Latest posts

Back