Agv k5-s

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave

Reaction score
Recently tried one of these helmets on and found it a really good fit for my head.
I was wondering if anyone else had one and what they think of it?

Dave

I bought a K5 a few years ago. Very high spec and well finished, but in my opinion not suitable for a sports bike. The reason is that that to accommodate the sun visor the visor opening is much deeper than normal at the top. As a result it interfers with your vision on a sports bike. I would recommend trying it on and sitting on your bike. I sold mine to a mate with a DL650 and he loves it!

Funnily enough I have just bought one and it arrived yesterday, as you say it’s light and comfy but not yet ridden with it on. I am a little concerned regarding snookers comments about vision

I don't have a K5, but do have a Shoei GT Air which I've used on track (used to have an X-Spirit for track, but it's 7 yrs old now). The GT Air has an integrated sun visor, didn't bother me...

Last edited:
Funnily enough I have just bought one and it arrived yesterday, as you say it’s light and comfy but not yet ridden with it on. I am a little concerned regarding snookers comments about vision
You can (if needed) get a pad fitted into the top of the helmet under the lining, this should help. Ive had 2 helmets altered like this.
My GT Air was not good on my RR, perfect for my KTM though.

Funnily enough I have just bought one and it arrived yesterday, as you say it?s light and comfy but not yet ridden with it on. I am a little concerned regarding snookers comments about vision

Let me know how you get on with it I?m still considering this helmet. I currently have a shoei got air and the visor doesn?t bother me.

Back