Yoke offsets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No yoke offset only. I know the rest from google search but no info on yoke offsets

Ive seen the after market ones. The standard offsets are not all the same so i want to know what they are

Well today i sat down to work out how much adjustment i need to do to get 100mm trail where i think id be happiest at.
But i worked out that if you drop the forks through 5mm you only gain 1mm of trail so from stock 96.5mm thats not much change at all.
The only way is different tripple clamps.
Standard tripple clamps seem to measure 30mm offset by eye as they are near impossible to do on the bike but if you trig the geometry they should be 31.13mm offset based on a 600mm front tyre.
I expect they are 31mm.
So i need something like 28mm to gain me a trail number im happy with.
New tripple clamps are the only way for me

I found these tripples that are reasonably priced but they say the offset of the s1000rr is 29.5mm which cant be for all models because apparently its changed over the years.
https://www.forsakenmotorsports.com/products/bmw-s1000rr-triple-clamps?variant=13661123379235
Cool. Go for it. Get the ignition mount they mention.

With the suspension setup and new triple clamps I think you'll have it setup soon. A more adjustable shock might be a good idea too to assist getting the geo where you want it. K-Tech 35DDS seems to be most highly rated.

- Alex

Back