2D Front Sensor

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gobert

Reaction score
Cheapest place for the 2D front sensor?

So far the only two places I've found are Alpha Racing (?444 delivered) and Reactive Parts (?479 delivered with possibly 10% off)

I've sent a message to Prime Factors but haven't heard back.

If you want a quick response from Prime Factors Motorcycles then call, or email, them directly.

Cheapest place for the 2D front sensor?

So far the only two places I've found are Alpha Racing (?444 delivered) and Reactive Parts (?479 delivered with possibly 10% off)

I've sent a message to Prime Factors but haven't heard back.

Hi, I'm interested in the front sensor. Who did you find the cheapest? Thanks, Jamie

Hi, I'm interested in the front sensor. Who did you find the cheapest? Thanks, Jamie

I ended up buying mine from Reactive Moto as they were giving a 10% reduction on Boxing Day - cost me ?430 delivered.

I think you used to get a 10% voucher off Reactive when you signed up for their newsletter.....not sure if that is still the case?

i've got a front pot sensor i'm selling,just waiting on a mate to let me know if he wants it or not.comes with ball buttons+top bracket but doesn't have the bottom fork leg bracket (?275).will let you know if he takes it or not

The 2D potentiometer is the most common as it?s plug and play. There are others available from the likes of AiM, but I?m not sure if the connectors are compatible with the OEM wiring loom or if the ECU would recognise it.

The 2D potentiometer is the most common as it’s plug and play. There are others available from the likes of AiM, but I’m not sure if the connectors are compatible with the OEM wiring loom or if the ECU would recognise it.

I've noticed the 150mm units from Aim and wondered if they had the same number of wires? I've got a 2D one now but just wondering are there any cheaper options if the pot itself ever needed changing.

You shouldn?t have any issues with the 2D sensor providing you keep it clean. If it does fail then contact 2D directly as their customer service is excellent. As for cost, datalogging sensors from 2D, AiM et al are all fairly similar in price.

Datalogging Sensors

That said any datalogging kit that has MoTeC written on it is horrendously expensive.

You shouldn’t have any issues with the 2D sensor providing you keep it clean. If it does fail then contact 2D directly as their customer service is excellent. As for cost, datalogging sensors from 2D, AiM et al are all fairly similar in price.

The 150mm aim with the ball fittings are ?235 - was only wondering if the worst happens.

Little tip for anyone fitting a sensor...you can use thinner lock stops if you remove a small piece of the rad surround with a dremel. I ended up buying some 10mm thick rubber pads off Ebay for a few pound and using those - keeps more of your steering lock.

The 150mm aim with the ball fittings are ?235 - was only wondering if the worst happens.

Little tip for anyone fitting a sensor...you can use thinner lock stops if you remove a small piece of the rad surround with a dremel. I ended up buying some 10mm thick rubber pads off Ebay for a few pound and using those - keeps more of your steering lock.

You can also flip it upside down so the fat end is at the bottom to increase the lock.

You can also flip it upside down so the fat end is at the bottom to increase the lock.

Yes - I know the guy that bought the one with the extended wiring off here. It's another decent option.

you still need to cut the rad surround regardless,so may aswell have the wiring up top where is its meant to be out the way,1 less thing to snag.

Back